singlespeed Saracen!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Very interesting this, it looks fantastic IMO and I have just got a Saracen killi racer to use as a singlespeed. My first thought was to build it with some kit I have lying around, but this does look good and wouldn't take much to do. Question is do I grind off all the derailleur stops etc :? Funnily enough I'm quick to answer when someone else posts this q :LOL:

kaiser":1umhurag said:
Very interesting this, it looks fantastic IMO and I have just got a Saracen killi racer to use as a singlespeed. My first thought was to build it with some kit I have lying around, but this does look good and wouldn't take much to do. Question is do I grind off all the derailleur stops etc :? Funnily enough I'm quick to answer when someone else posts this q :LOL:

Noooo! :shock:

I've got a Karakoram K2 I'll swap ya for the Kili frame if you're gonna do that!.

stevek":33ts2hqh said:
Jones":33ts2hqh said:

Hey, you've edited your post! :LOL:

That's not the same frame. No pierced seat tube. Geared drop outs.

The one in the link isn't the same but they've always got the ones with pieced seat tube like the one I bought off them ;) they've just had the dropouts changed by a frame builder ;)

For what its worth I quite like them :) sold mine as in the photo for £70 in the end :roll:

kr1.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
cherrybomb":1x9w3vos said:
kaiser":1x9w3vos said:

Noooo! :shock:

I've got a Karakoram K2 I'll swap ya for the Kili frame if you're gonna do that!.

Sorry I need an E-stay

cherrybomb":2kp3yxl5 said:
Cool.

If you don't ask an' all that. ;)

I'm sure you'll do a stonkin' job of it, what ever you decide.

I'd be tempted if I didn't have a kara already, even looked yours up, think I'll leave the braze ons for now though :D

The early steel GTs are excellent workhorse bikes and my K2 gets more use than my other bikes, it's on commuting duty at the moment with a rack and guards etc. Just thought I'd chance me arm 'cos I'd love to get hold of an early Saracen frame. Love the pierced top tube period from the early 90s.

Good luck with the e-stay build. I'd leave the braze ons for now if it was me though. ;)

Latest posts

Back