Simoncini Super Record

@ Fifthgrace. Looks like you have the original of mine!! How amazing!
Can't quite see the paint, but mine was the same red, with a random bleeding black into the red. All unique finishes therefore. Very cool and fashionable at the time.

I've got bundles of photos of mine as I got it (damaged & in need of a serious rebuild!) and it had all the remnants of the Super Record model name, etc. Look after it, because you won't see another in UK I bet. I never saw another, until now: ) Likely to be imported by Ernie Clements sons company. (In Ledbury)

Love to see more pics, and history maybe?
(Me born in Cheadle Hulme, where are you?)

Hi Emanuel,

Please see attached further pics. Outdoor shots will have to wait to the weekend when I get to see daylight!

I see you are a framebuilder at Simoncini in Florence? I'd be really grateful if you can find out which other bike manufacturers Simoncini built frames for in the 90s. Having a straight fork reminds me of Colnago's Precisa fork....

Hi Viscount- I saw one of your unrestored bike pics via Google images and yours looked a much darker red than mine (although it may be the camera). yes mine too has the black branch shapes beneath the intense red. The paint finish is truly beautiful! We have more in common than just the Simoncini bikes. I live in Nantwich Cheshire, but I was born and raised in Cheltenham (Warden Hill, Leckhampton and then The Park) so not too far from Churchdown and Gloucester!

Attachments

• P1010546a.JPG
    P1010546a.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 563
  • P1010548a.JPG
    P1010548a.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 563
  • P1010552a.JPG
    P1010552a.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 563
  • P1010563a.JPG
    P1010563a.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 563
History of the bike?
Bought it from the (original?) owner who lived in Worcester, so Ledbury would be reasonably local and tie-in well. It's been stored by family for 15 years.....Owners father is into cycling and showed me a pic of Ernie Clements on a bike, so there's certainly a connection.

nice Max you have there, must be the same vintage as this rando/city bike frame I have here NOS, well I have plenty, but this one is painted nearly exactly the same as your MAX, I'm not sure, but the one I have might have been one of those on show at the Cologne 1992 show.
In the 90s We were transitioning to smaller, custom built, and mostly direct type of business.
We did some Colnago forks, but that was earlier.
An incomplete late 80s-90s list would be
schauff, clements,viscount, Sloughi, Benotto, Capo.
tried putting a picture up, but didn't let me, here it is on my blog.
http://revanchebikeco.wordpress.com/201 ... -thoughts/
http://revanchebikeco.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/xpeaipz.jpg?w=705[/img]
should work now.

Thanks for info on history of Simonici.

Your frame pic shows that a paint scheme can be taken a step too far! History sometimes judges things unkindly, but I doubt it was really the height of fashion at the time, but I am sure the frame itself is sweet!

That's what prompted me to write the little article on paint in my blog-
I agree, that's probably why it's still here, it does make you think though:
A lot of the custom work is great paint above all else. And sometimes there's not much else.
Besides, I'm sort of starting to like it, it looks like a black frame that survived a zombie apocalypse.

Back