Simoncini Super Record

well, the shellacked cotton I had lasted 4 years, only took it off because I wanted a change. and cotton's the cheapest bar wrap there is..and lightest..
old inner tube under the cotton, slips right on. even better if latex..

I hear what you say, with your vaster experience than mine.
But cotton for me is not the best modern solution.
Didn't occur to me to use underlays of rubber with it, but I'm used to squishy, grippy, modern foam, I guess. Easy, modern + relatively cheap. Might avoid white/cream in the future, but....

Call me a post modernist in this respect.
I'm not wearing gloves on an everyday rider machine, thanks....; )

Re:

Thought it might be instructive to show the 2003ish Simoncini Corsa with my very nice 1948 Holdsworth La Quelda.
Frame angles we talking here. With BB lined up.

So many similarities, so many common features 60 years or so apart: )
Must be the classic design?

Re:

Another view here, of the front end.
Amazing to me the similarities

But I always assumed it to be a classic configuration anyway; )

Decided to get the Corsa refinished at long last.
Dismantled here & ready for packing to go to Madgetts for the necessaries. Mike Madgett says @£150 for this.
Getting a single colour, dark enough to be similar to the carbon ends. Probably crimson, but a deepish blue might be nice also.
DSCN0101.jpg

The small cable rubs on the head, plus some paint-bubbling on the BB, & entry point of the rear end make it necessary, & I do not like the huge Simoncini decals anyway: )

Down-tube decals (much smaller than here) might be good too. Emanuel take note please; )

Lovely ride is this machine & with a new finish will last me for a long while....

DSCN0102.jpg

Previous owner used coiled wire outers which eventually rubbed into the soft alloy. Like a file would!
Should be running well before Christmas: )
Watch this space.

Got the Simoncini Corsa back from Madgetts today.
Love the crimson & built it up with its previous components to see how it looks in reality.

A first pic as a taster here.
More to follow: )

Re: New rebuild pics.

Got it back from Madgetts on 17th November. On 18th it was built & taken down to Frome to meet its maker.. (So to say)

So now I got a blank canvas to add some necessaries, like discreet decals, & stuff.
DSCN0339.jpg

Cream barwrap & likely a cream Turbo saddle is next on the list.

Back