Signature builds

ededwards said:
My signature - rigid forks (usually RC30s), cantis (if there is a rear canti stop), Syncros post and stem, Flite, flat bars, barends, thumbies, SPDs, Middleburns. I consider my imaginative and varied builds a key strength.

Mmmmm......... now why do I recognise most of this? Perhaps my bikes are turning into EdEdwards mini clones with all the parts that come my way from the EdShed

Does top cross levers on road bikes count as a signature?

No rules, but trends have developed over the years.

Sus forks are normally Pace (or USE if I can find them). Frames are increasingly British and drive train almost always XT M739.

I like Hope or XT hubs and generally have a leaning towards UK stuff, X-Lite, Middleburn, Pace, Hope etc. etc.

My fave throne was always a Flite, but then I discovered the Spoon. :D

rational stuff: flite - that's what fits my bum, so that's what always goes on; Time pedals - kinder to the knees; Onza grips. Also have afavoured XTR front mech from the 95x series (looks better)

not sure why, just 'cos: USE seatposts, kevlar cable outers, mavic rims, offroad has to be USE bars and ends, on the road Deda. Bar tape has to match the bars so Deda cork ribbon. Panaracers offroad, Michelin on.

Stem and seatpost should also be the same colour, only one colour of ano. On the whle bikes ride so much better if they have grey frames, with red bling (This is a scientific fact apparently)

Always end up with lots of Syncros bits on EVERY build. I love the stems and posts and also have a soft spot for Revolution cranks.

Have been removing Syncros bits for British stuff on my Pace and was trying REALLY hard to have a 'Syncros Free' Saracen but it might end up with some (barely unrecognisable) Hardcore bars on it. Also a big XT mechs and Mavic rims fan and obsessed with rigid and bouncy Pace forks....

Whoops, nearly forgot my love affair with Magura HydroStops

Neill

Time was that I wouldn't have even a tiny bit of Shimano on any of my bikes but the Bradbury changed that as the modified rear hub way originally a shimano before Doug cut and shut it, so on went the XT. All the others have Mavic, Campag or American cnc'ed stuff

Nearest I have to a signature is Cooks on all my bikes, but that's going to change soon as I have a new bike that demands Bullseyes....

That's tough, looking at my bikes and the ones i have built for others, all of the suspended bikes have Judy's of some description, except for one that I just bought some Marzocchi's for, I even had some Judy's lined up but the 'Zokes' look more the part, USE seat pins seem to be a theme too!

Back