Show us your first MTB's WAY BACK. Do you still have it?

Re:

my first mt bike bought new in 1994 and I still have it, but the components [except crank] have all been upgraded to period XT and the STX stuff [wheels/shifters/derailleurs] are on a specialized hardrock frame I got in a trade that had no fork/parts etc. I even have the original steel fork for the Raleigh MT300. this bike after I moved and started cleaning it up is what fired me up for the retrobikes..........

Attachments

• Raleigh MT300.jpg
    Raleigh MT300.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 497
Came to MTB from MX, and like MX, I dumped bikes at the end of the season and bought new for the start of the next. They were tools. When I started in on retro many years later I thought it would be nice to have another clean example of of my first one for posterity. Found one the second bike I had and bought it. Then found a frame of the third. Finally found a decent example of the first a couple of years ago. Still haven't ridden it. Now that I think of it, maybe I'll ride it tomorrow.

Three_zpsca354b2d.jpg

No BITD pics of the first one. I remember taking some. Just can't find them. Plenty of pics of the 2nd and 3rd, though.

r1.jpg

RMEdge_zpsh9arhsnx.jpg

Re:

Pro Stop front rotors were 9" (230mm). One of my crazy friends put a front rotor w. custom mount on the rear and an 11" (280mm) custom laser cut rotor/mount on the fork of his San Andreas. Mind you he was 250+ lbs.

Not my first Mountain Bike, that was a Falcon Beartrap followed by a Claud Butler Oracle after I snapped the Falcon in a Scout bike race.

This bike came along a bit later and was a home brew using an Al Carter frame I stripped the paint from and clear coated. Had a lot of nice parts which got by birthdays and saved up for on my £7 a week paper round money :)

Thias":vyq0a3ou said:
oh jea. And those baggy choths everybody was running around with :roll:

Still got the combat trousers, belonged to mr girlfriend who was in Army cadets. I think the HeadWorx top was an XL!

Back