show us your elevated c/s bikes

Re:

Heya guys, some beautiful bikes in this thread, I have one I can not figure the maker of.
Some of the cable routing is the same as Nishiki, only the reinforcing bars in the rear stays are curved on mine where as straight on the Nishikis, the dropouts seem pretty common, the distinguishing part on mine is the gusset reinforced head tube.

* Trying to compress photos with no luck, can anyone recommend a photo compressing app for iPsd?

Attachments

• IMG_2570.JPG
    IMG_2570.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_2570.JPG
    IMG_2570.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 758
A few more pics, a mystery to me.

Attachments

• IMG_2571.JPG
    IMG_2571.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_2562.JPG
    IMG_2562.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_2553.JPG
    IMG_2553.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 756
Re:

It really is Retro Spud, I am torn between leaving it as is, derusting and clear coating or repainting the green you see.
I have been watching it for months on an auction site, got it for $20 NZ

Suntour XC Mechs, hubs, poss cranks(might be Sugino)
Shimano Cantis on the front, Suntour self energising rear
Suntour express shifters, which may have been an upgrade

That needs plenty TLC I would clean up and paint just like new again. To live again

shamobius":kgrncbor said:
Bicycle Addict, I am pretty sure that is a Nishiki Alien.

Calling Frank (incorrigible) the one man Nishiki oracle of Delphi, bet he'd know for sure :)

Retro Spud":eleon711 said:
shamobius":eleon711 said:

Calling Frank (incorrigible) the one man Nishiki oracle of Delphi, bet he'd know for sure :)
Nick,
I've heard rumors that I had a following......

......so YOU'RE the one?! ;) :LOL:

Ahh...my favorite thread. I feel right at home here. I'm not so much a Nishiki oracle as I am an e-stay fanatic, and I just happen to start MTBing with a Nishiki Alien in 1989. After I discovered RB, I then discovered that Nishiki had produced MANY e-stays, and it's been my mission ever since to find and ride one of every e-stay Nishiki made. Sadly, for my wallet, I also became obsessed with e-stays made by other companies as well, so I began saving pics from the internet (and of course buying those that I could find).

That said, I have a huge pic library, and my unofficial count of e-stay manufacturers in my library is over 100, so it took awhile to research this, especially because I started searching alphabetically, beginning with 'A', and I had to search almost the entire library until I got to 'V' for 'Villiger Competition'.

Here 'tis:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=326086&hilit=villiger

ummm...........wanna sell it? :D

Cheers,
Frank

<EDIT. I just realized that the rear brake cable on the Villiger uses a curved bridge with a cable stop that spans across the seat stays, whereas Bicycle Addict's e-stay has a noodle welded to the top of the seat tube, just like how Nishiki does it. I-i-i-i-interesting! The straight fork obviously could have been added later.

Attachments

• Villiger E-stay.jpg
    Villiger E-stay.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 699
incorrigible":2i0h77bg said:
Retro Spud":2i0h77bg said:
shamobius":2i0h77bg said:

Nick,
I've heard rumors that I had a following......

......so YOU'RE the one?! ;) :LOL:

Ahh...my favorite thread. I feel right at home here. I'm not so much a Nishiki oracle as I am an e-stay fanatic, and I just happen to start MTBing with a Nishiki Alien in 1989. After I discovered RB, I then discovered that Nishiki had produced MANY e-stays, and it's been my mission ever since to find and ride one of every e-stay Nishiki made. Sadly, for my wallet, I also became obsessed with e-stays made by other companies as well, so I began saving pics from the internet (and of course buying those that I could find).

That said, I have a huge pic library, and my unofficial count of e-stay manufacturers in my library is over 100, so it took awhile to research this, especially because I started searching alphabetically, beginning with 'A', and I had to search almost the entire library until I got to 'V' for 'Villiger Competition'.

Here 'tis:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=326086&hilit=villiger

ummm...........wanna sell it? :D

Cheers,
Frank

<EDIT. I just realized that the rear brake cable on the Villiger uses a curved bridge with a cable stop that spans across the seat stays, whereas Bicycle Addict's e-stay has a noodle welded to the top of the seat tube, just like how Nishiki does it. I-i-i-i-interesting! The straight fork obviously could have been added later.

Thanks for the reply the Villager is probably the closet in the gusset, but my gear cables are on the down tube on mine.
There is the same green from the frame inside the fork, and the headtube is painted off White(same as Nishikis off White) the off White I would think was the base for the Green(which is again Nishiki green). The fork has Asiku and 89 and CroMo cast into it and the frame has 11 89 as part of the serial number, so maybe they used another manufacturers fork until Richard Cunningham designed Nishiki's.

You can totally see rear suspension in this design, people ask why they faded in popularity, I think this design came back to us in rear suspension.

Re:

I was searching in my photos archive (which I'm sure is not as fat as Incorrigible's ;)), and also it looks closest to Villiger Competition But cable routing is different...

Front forks tells me, that could be also some japanese brand - Yokota?

Latest posts

Back