Show us yer Rear Mech..

Shamus":2q99u0ms said:
CampyTriplets1.jpg

Italian style... :cool:

Hmmm, Euclid. I have the U brakes, shifters and the HUGE brake levers to go with that!

kingroon":1o1g4hz3 said:
Like most of the UK WorkForce, I was unable to get to work yesterday, so set about tinkering.. Buffed up this rather tasty M900 rear mech.. Replaced the standard hanger bolt with a NOS SRP number, cleaned jockeys/cage/body etc. and then sat back and marvelled upon it over a Cup O' Earl Grey..

..they really knew how to make an aesthetically pleasing mech back then :cool:

So c'mon, show us your Rear Mechs.. ➡️ ➡️ ➡️

Ha ha, sounds like you had a day similar to the one I had last week !
You're right though, the M900 really is the iconic rear mech.

Attachments

• CIMG9218.JPG
    CIMG9218.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,186
How about the classic Huret Jubilee? Much loved and revered by the 'Old Skool' Time Trialling fraternity.

Chain length and 'angle of dangle' are both completely wrong but will be dealt with once it's warm enough to fettle in the shed.

Attachments

• Ultimate.6.A.jpg
    Ultimate.6.A.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,162
Old Ned":3lt7j3l5 said:
How about the classic Huret Jubilee? Much loved and revered by the 'Old Skool' Time Trialling fraternity.

Chain length and 'angle of dangle' are both completely wrong but will be dealt with once it's warm enough to fettle in the shed.

Thaas juss' one 'o them single speed tenshunerrrs, innet?

legrandefromage":si289zvu said:
Old Ned":si289zvu said:

Thaas juss' one 'o them single speed tenshunerrrs, innet?

You'm be roight there owd laad, 6 zingle zpeeds, orl ov'um zlow ;)

I'm going against the XTR flow and gonna say that this is the best looking MTB mech. Shimano ever made, (and flawless function too, that can't be bad!) :cool:

05022009151.jpg

XT M739 in the snow this morning. :D

cherrybomb":y70wtxmt said:
I'm going against the XTR flow and gonna say that this is the best looking MTB mech. Shimano ever made..

Ooo contentious :twisted:

Have to say that the Ol' Deore II [not DX] was a great looking mech with the corrugated decal, anyone got a short cage one?

Exage Trail was nice too, the gunmetal grey.. I remember striving for an Exage Trail equipped bike when all I could afford was Country :)

Back