Show me your Homemade Headset Presses...Made One!!

Have you seen the bloke who has an ebay business based around those? Fair play to him, I say. 99% profit. :cool:

no picture but threaded bar, 2 bits of plate and 3 17mm nuts . lock 2 together, ratchet spanner on the other

clockworkgazz has one hes proud of making
suprised he's not posted it up for all to bow down to ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks guys. I have an extensive hammer collection but, and I feel this is probably a getting old thing, I'm not sure hitting things with a big hammer is for me anymore. It's all a bit Jeremy Clarkson. I'm off to screwfix tomorrow!

chris667":do842ftj said:
Have you seen the bloke who has an ebay business based around those? Fair play to him, I say. 99% profit. :cool:

I bought one and why not....couldn't be arsed trying to make one myself...dead cheap and it works.
Ticks all the boxes for me. :D

dyna-ti":1uvec835 said:

works well but looks crappy hence no picture :oops: cost me £8 thread bolts and big washers.

clockworkgazz":370s9780 said:
dyna-ti":370s9780 said:

works well but looks crappy hence no picture :oops: cost me £8 thread bolts and big washers.

Gazz, after all that build up. Right. I've got me some M12 threaded rod and M12 nuts and big M10 washers. The washere were the biggest they had so I will just have to drill them out. I am going to weld the top nut to a sort of handle to make it a bit easier to use. If it isn't too shameful I will post pictures of the results.

Harryburgundy":20s9c9nu said:
chris667":20s9c9nu said:

I bought one and why not....couldn't be arsed trying to make one myself...dead cheap and it works.
Ticks all the boxes for me. :D

Got one the same, works well. Used it 3 times now, used to be a freezer / bit of wood / hammer kinda guy. Only do one cup at a time not both together and make sure it is going in perfectly straight - the flat washers do not hold the cups in place. Used with care and patience it gets the job done.

i use a combination of these 2 depending on my mood or cost of parts im working with, :shock: i added the 2 white washers to overcome the bar not sitting straight. it sits just inside the cups and helps to keep all things straight.
pm me if you need washers this size ;)

Attachments

• P03-05-09_18.57.JPG
    P03-05-09_18.57.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 694
Back