Should The Police Routinely Carry Guns?

Re: Re:

KDM":2iz2jn8q said:
Dyna

Thanks for the chart, very helpfully.

Showing how their use has jumped quite a bit and being drawn more often but also showing when they are drawn that the percentage of them actually being fired is lower.

Not sure of your source but could you have access the amount of times firearms are drawn and how often they are actually fired ?

If as I suspect the results are the same i.e. The amount of times they are deployed/drawn has gone up but the amount of times they are fired has gone down. Then despite the scaremongers claims, it would suggest more firearms are not a bad thing and if anything it diffuses many situations.

I wouldnt trust those figures completely. Not saying theyre misleading but that has been suggested.
You have to take into account the polices own figures for officers injured at work also included those who fell off an office chair, or slipped on a wet patch. Although the figures are then all lumped together to present to the government as a reason for taser,more intrusive powers and probably even guns.
Given its known these 'injuries' arent all theyre purported to be, id say as the chart goes on, the actual firings will be sub categorized to show less than the true total figure is :?

Not saying im cynical :LOL: :LOL:

Back