Wanted Shimano XTR ST-M952 gear indicators...

freddok

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello,

I'm looking for a pair of Shimano XTR m950 gear indicators...
If someone have a pair of them in his spare box...

Regards ,
Fred

Hi Fred,

I have a spare set of these. Never been used as I hate the things! One screw has gone missing over the years, but they still work when fitted with just one.
I see from your profile you live in France?

Steven. 269372F7-4C82-46AC-90BC-FF9919D94DB6.jpeg 4829930F-FDF5-442A-9364-03BA780460B0.jpeg

They are the m952 ones, m950 are different shape and fit if memory serves. If you are looking to part with them and they are no use to the op, I have a set of levers on a build that would enjoy them.

Well spotted Ishaw! I got all mixed up as it’s all the dark grey XTR colour.
Sorry to get your hopes up Fred.

They are the m952 ones, m950 are different shape and fit if memory serves. If you are looking to part with them and they are no use to the op, I have a set of levers on a build that would enjoy them.
Good eyes Ian !! 👍 After taking a look, my brifters are m952's too. But I think that @clubby gear indicators look more SL-M952 (shifters pods only) than ST-M952 brifters... Correct me if I'm wrong...

I can probably confirm as I have some of each on builds. I'll take a look later for you.

Sorry for delay, I've had covid and not been feeling too great. Attached are a couple of pics from my stash/build that confirm the displays are for the stand alone shifters, not brifters.

Difficult to tell if the screw holes line up or whether they are swappable. I suspect not as I recall the flight deck kit you could get for m95x had various cover replacements which I suspect were to allow for m950, m952 and brifters (plus I think xt versions too, maybe LX as well?).

Attachments

• PSX_20220428_235042.jpg
    PSX_20220428_235042.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2
  • PSX_20220428_235021.jpg
    PSX_20220428_235021.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 2
Sorry for delay, I've had covid and not been feeling too great. Attached are a couple of pics from my stash/build that confirm the displays are for the stand alone shifters, not brifters.

Difficult to tell if the screw holes line up or whether they are swappable. I suspect not as I recall the flight deck kit you could get for m95x had various cover replacements which I suspect were to allow for m950, m952 and brifters (plus I think xt versions too, maybe LX as well?).
Thanks Ian !! It's what I've seen previously.. I've see also on Shimano m952 parts list that the gears indicators for brifters and pods have different part number. I've already a flight deck kit (but without computer) with different covers, 952's included, but always looking for indicators... ;)
Sad news for Covid... Stay safe and wish you a good recovery !!! 👍

Back