Shimano XTR FC-M950 46T mtb Chainring vintage IG 8 Speed

mezzanine

Retro Guru
Well used, marks from use, chainrings worn, value is in the spider although I used it as it is. XTR M950 46 chainring, compatible with M950 8 speed set-ups and will also fit XT M750. These are almost impossible to find and a lovely bit of retro kit. Condition of the chainrings themselves is average due to teeth wear. The spider itself is in very good condition, Japans finest quality shinning through 21 years later! They worked when I had them on my bike but I only used them on smooth country lanes and on closer inspection they are worn more than I thought and one of the teeth is half chipped (see pictures) so please bare in mind these are well used chainrings.

Due to the nature of the spider being incorporated onto the chainring these XTR’s are often extended well past their usual life cycle, hard to avoid on the used market these chainrings being past their best but most can be used still as the chain is under quite a bit of tension in the outer ring. Being a 46t you won’t be in it for a huge amount of time and there is still life left in this beauty. Someone will be able to breath some fresh life into it, only selling as I no longer have an 8 speed set-up. Would be well suited for a well loved patina effect retro bike to take to the shops with a cheeky detour through the woods on the way.

Shimano XTR M950 L-46t alloy chainring to fit triple cranks.
The inner and middle rings mount to this ring.
112 BCD/ 68 BCD for inner (bolt circle diameter)
8-speed
4 holes
Silver
Stamped, made in Japan, 1997

There is an option potentially for the eventual buyer to cut down the spider if they have the tools for a custom 34t single speed project if they require a spare XTR spider, this will fit that job nicely or run a double mounting the centre and inner rings (24t)

£16 posted within the UK - PayPal gift
£22 posted International post - PayPal gift

Mezz

Attachments

• ch1.JPG
    ch1.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 197
  • ch2.jpg
    ch2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 197
  • ch3.jpg
    ch3.jpg