Shimano XT ES70 Octalink Bottom Bracket - SOLD

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right, my weight weenie bike has had a few major changes lately and there are a few cherished bits I'm going to have to reluctantly part with. Not sure if pre- or post-98, but not far off either way.

First up, a heavily tuned set of Avid Mag V-brakes (Front & Rear). I have spent ages hunting down and tuning these things with the parts described below - somewhat of a labour of love :roll: As usual for the Mags, some flaws to the finish have appeared over time but they are working great and they are as light as you will find for high-performing V-brakes (forget KCNC etc, they're hopeless by comparison - been there...). They weigh 143g and 144g for each pair, about 35g a pair lighter than XTR. And the meaty Clarks pads currently fitted add about 5-6g a pair over most others. The pad holders are XTR. The Clarks pads are new, minor rub marks from use only on the workstand. They have titanium cable clamp bolts and I have installed new titanium brake shoe nuts and bolts fitted to each shoe (I'll include the originals too). I have fitted 4 x M3 red alloy allen bolts to replace the standard tension adjuster screws (I'm pretty sure I still have them and will include them). If you want to keep the red theme going I'll include the red V-brake pipes for free. I also have an old pair of the Orange Mag V-brakes that may be useful for spares only that I'll chuck in. £50 posted in the UK SOLD

Next up, a Shimano XT BB-ES70 Bottom Bracket. The top-of-the-line Octalink bottom bracket, wonderfully smooth, durable and lightweight - it's just 255g on my digital scales, as pictured. The axle length is 113mm and it is intended for a 73mm shell as indicated, however I have been using it with a 68mm frame by using the 68-specific Bottom Bracket cup (technically you should probably also use a spacer though I managed fine without). I will supply cups for both, one for 68 and one for 73. Running perfectly smooth with no play at all in the axle. £15 posted in the UK SOLD

Attachments

• IMG_4446 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_4446 (Custom).JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,113
  • IMG_4445 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_4445 (Custom).JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,113
  • IMG_4442 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_4442 (Custom).JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,113
Re: Avid Mag V-brakes - Ti tuned & superlight!

M752 photos

Attachments

• IMG_4455 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_4455 (Custom).JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,101
Re: Avid Mag V-brakes (Ti tuned), M752 XT crankset & BB

A purely magpie-like attraction to all things orange..

What are these spare mag v's of which you speak..?

They're the model on the photo below (let's be clear that this is not my set!) - I have a single set of arms only. I bought them ages ago on ebay as spares for my set, can't remember if I used anything off them or not. But they're pretty scrappy and have been sat at the bottom of a parts drawer for a while - maybe useful for parts as they Mags get harder to get hold of, which was my original intention.

file.php

Cool, I had no idea they existed.

Would love your set of mags Glyn, can't justify them unfortunately :(

Re: Avid Mag V-brakes (Ti tuned) & XT ES70 Octalink BB

XT crankset sold elsewhere but the bottom bracket is still available. The Mags are too.

Back