Withdrawn RAFFLE: 14€ per ticket + shipping (if won) for a full SHIMANO XT 737 groupset with MAVIC 217 CERAMIC rims – includes FC HB FH CS SP BB BR ST FD RD HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceo

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
edit: after last weeks successful raffle executed by @d8mok i feel inspired to do the same thing here:

there'll be 20 tickets for 14€ each. shipping from germany will be on top (uk 34,99€ | most eu 21,49€ | us 77,99€.... just check the dhl.de webpage for their 10kg-parcel-prices or ask me via pm). i'm happy to parcel basically anywhere on our planet and i'll declare a rather low value if non-eu.

here'll be a public list of the sold ticket numbers 1-20 and the rb-member name of the ticket holder:

along the lines of last weeks zaskar raffle i kindly ask you to write your chosen ticket number or numbers (3 tickets max. per person please to ensure some thrill :cool: ) into this thread. i'll update the list asap. no i'm not online 24/7 but i promise to be here at least once per day during this procedure.

once all the tickets are gone (i'll be writing a pm to each participant asking to send 14€ via paypal gift) i'm planning to either use a random number generator myself within 24h after all tickets are paid and publish the winning number or i even find a neutral but trustworthy non participating retrobike-member to do such a live videostream number drawing (like d8mok must have done). in case that's taking place i'll be announcing it in this thread. no, i don't have any favorite guy and my only concern is someone might think so. untrustworthy timestealing idiots like marco13 are strictly excluded. the winner will obviousely be named in this thread and surely pm'd by me.

i feel having to point out: for me this is an experiment and it's the first time. if you hesitate check my feedback thread. if this works as good as with last weeks zaskar frame i might even bring up more...

so here is the original offer/slideshow:

2797599-e0muo20xc7mz-xt737ceramic_gruppe1-large.jpg

edit: original prescription:

complete groupset including 175mm cranks, hubs laced to ceramic rims, cassette, skewer, brifter,
rear and front mech (Ø34,9 tp), bb, cantilevers (with xt brake shoes) and a headset (Ø1 1/8").

it all comes from a looong forgotten donor bike and requires tlc. brifters are currently not shifting, the rear mech seemed weak so i added another without pulleys for spares. brake surfaces are great except a tiny microspot. mavics have eyeles. the rear hub has lost the sticker. i do have some more xt parts: in case another front mech is needed i can possibly swap.

when i was done taking these group pictures i realized the headset isn't displayed, but those extra pics are below now. wheels are true. i'd like to see 280€ plus shipping for the whole lot.

2797600-dgjy7o3kqhzn-xt737ceramic_gruppe2-large.jpg

2797601-0ldsw93bl8t0-xt737ceramic_gruppe3-large.jpg

2797602-5p1pj6r6ycke-xt737ceramic_gruppe4-large.jpg

2797603-jd71rd7m6p7f-xt737ceramic_gruppe5-large.jpg

2797604-bpio6ca63dfv-xt737ceramic_gruppe6-large.jpg

2797605-klrtj4p9sgap-xt737ceramic_gruppe7-large.jpg

2797606-1hy7qpzz0sur-xt737ceramic_gruppe8-large.jpg

2797607-v8mtnutwhcbj-xt737ceramic_gruppe9-large.jpg

2797608-nj9yxyb0xaif-xt737ceramic_gruppe10-large.jpg

here's the forgotten headset

2795281-al9tubcwe739-xt_741_steuersatz1-large.jpg

2795280-ixu8dkopjg3r-xt_741_steuersatz2-large.jpg

2795279-eq95u02cvjpd-xt_741_steuersatz3-large.jpg

2795278-jd1u67hvscpv-xt_741_steuersatz4-large.jpg

Last edited:
well, i'm starting a raffle experiment instead of a regular sale. i'm a bit insecure how this will work out, but curiosity has won.

if you want to participate please read and understand the full text on top of the page and write your chosen number(s) binding below in this thread. good luck everyone 🤞

yeah, fair enough if sellers are offering to donate the proceeds to charity but feels a little ick otherwise.

Edit: Reading the HMRC rules about lotteries, these posts don't look legal (in the UK, other jurisdictions may differ) because of their commercial intent, lack of reporting to authorities etc - and from a cultural perspective there is a long history of small scale raffles tending to be for a good cause rather than to make money in the UK.

The discomfort comes from imagining coming to the forum at some point in the future and finding a dozen or more raffle posts cluttering up the for sale section, and also them hindering price discovery. For sellers, it's only a win, win - particularly if they only proceed if they sell certain number of tickets - they aren't taking any risks with the outcome, only the "players' are. Perhaps raffles deserve their own section if they are going to continue.

Last edited:
omg, such a headwind from unknown direction came rather surprising, i need to confess.
suddenly i'm either on dodgy legal groud or i better donate or sth is ick? wtf is this? had not a glimpse of a bad intent.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-20 um 23.57.34.png
@everybody: don't participate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back