Shimano DX M650/M651 TP front mech.28.6 - SORTED

cherrybomb

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
OK I've edited this one as it's been pointed out that you can't just change the bands to a different size, I'll need a complete mech in 28.6.

I have an DX M651 front derailleur (top pull) which uses an endless band for attachment.

Like this, but top pull:

IMG_5356_zps9657b095.jpg

The one I have is 34.9mm and I need a 28.6 if possible. Does anyone have a derailleur in the correct size?

Open to both sales & swaps (if that suits)?

Cheers

Chris.

Re:

Hi

Whilst its easy enough to swap bands I don't think it will sit right as the mech itself it contoured for the same size as your band as its got to form a perfect circle

Re:

OK, so now I'm looking for a complete mech following Retro Spud pointing out my school boy error.

Re: Shimano DX M650/M651 TP front mech.28.6 (endless band type)

I'll have a look. I did have a mech with that band but can't remember if it moved on.

ishaw":2mpime7o said:
I'll have a look. I did have a mech with that band but can't remember if it moved on.

Cheers Ian.

Frustratingly I have a NOS one with 34.9mm band and now no bike for it to go on. :roll:

Re:

What's the imperial size for 28.6mm as the band on ones are stamped up imperial sizes

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

kingbling":iu7m87xb said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Deore ... Sw-0xYUOgS

Nowt to do with me I reckon its a bit expensive :roll:

I'd clocked that one, but I'm after one with an endless band (as in the photo above).

I can use a spacer with the one I've got, or I have an M739 I can use while I source the correct one.

There is a 31.8 (1 1/4") on the bay at the moment, which finishes this evening; again- close but no cigar! :cry:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back