Shimano DEORE XT BR-M750 V Brake Set Issue

theo-g

Retro Newbie
Hello RetroBIKE forum, I recently bought a set of Shimano DEORE XT BR-M750 V Brakes, on installation somehow the stopper pin has broken off in the center spring hole on the frame mounting boss. Has anyone out there had a similar issue, if so is there any solution other than buying a new pair? Or maybe someone out there has had a similar issue on the opposite arm and would want to sell their un broken part?

Furthermore, would there be interest in the sale of these brakes, all working other than one arm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If this is posted in the wrong forum channel then apologies, and some redirection would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Theo

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hello RetroBIKE forum, I recently bought a set of Shimano DEORE XT BR-M750 V Brakes, on installation somehow the stopper pin has broken off in the center spring hole on the frame mounting boss. Has anyone out there had a similar issue, if so is there any solution other than buying a new pair? Or maybe someone out there has had a similar issue on the opposite arm and would want to sell their un broken part?

Furthermore, would there be interest in the sale of these brakes, all working other than one arm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If this is posted in the wrong forum channel then apologies, and some redirection would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Theo
Hi Theo, welcome to retrobike.

I would suggest taking a picture of the part and uploading it here or in the “wanted” section. I’m sure someone has a spare set, arm or even a canti pin to get you back on the trails.

In terms of selling there will be limited interest as xt m750 is hardly rare in these parts, so I’d recommend fixing and riding over selling up.

Good luck

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Here in the first photo you can see where the stopper pin has broken off. So it is just an arm without the noodle/stopper/ guide that i need. I am a little concerned however about the tension of the springs in the brakes though, as the spring tension adjustment bolts don't seem to operate properly, maybe have been worn away. Can these be replaced?

Again thanks in advance
Theo

Attachments

• IMG_4871.JPG
    IMG_4871.JPG
    473.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4872.JPG
    IMG_4872.JPG
    597.3 KB · Views: 13
Back