Shimano aero levers ,

i think i have 3 sets here if you get stuck , one are new Shimano BL-R400 exactly the same as on the gazelle , and there are some exage action BL-A351 with white hoods and old Sante BL-5001 with old sticky white hoods

Attachments

• IMAG0303.jpg
    IMAG0303.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 404
Re:

Hi Richard ,

It's a , er, new build ! Shhhhhh :facepalm:

The ones in your last pic on the Van Tuyl are the ones I'd like ideally . Realistically , I think D/A will be a bit pricey for me , if I can even find some :(

Latman , thanks for your offer , I have a pair of those R400s on this bike ,

but I'm really after some Ultegra or D/A ones to go with rest of the new build bike . I wonder if R400 hoods would fit on Ultegra levers ? :idea:

Mike

Attachments

• waugh 2.jpg
    waugh 2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 399
i know the 7401 DA levers do not have return springs but the 7402s did , Im not sure on the Ultegra designations sorry

Unless my tired eyes deceive me, you have Ultegra cranks and mechs, I can't really see the calipers but if they are Ultegra - get Ultegra levers. I like matching stuff.

I will have a look around later.

Back to bed now,

Richard

TGR":wnwwlm3y said:
Unless my tired eyes deceive me, you have Ultegra cranks and mechs, I can't really see the calipers but if they are Ultegra - get Ultegra levers. I like matching stuff.

I will have a look around later.

Back to bed now,

Richard

:LOL: :LOL:

It's all Ultegra - although different ages - except for the D/A down tube shifters . The mechs are tricolour , so grey , but the brake levers , cranks , hubs , pedals and calipers are shiny silver . This is what will be going on the new build . Maybe I'll stick with shiny silver for the levers too , and get silver mechs . :idea:

Thanks Richard ,

Night , night :facepalm: :facepalm:

Mike

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thank you my personal researcher , ;) :LOL:

I'll let you get some kip now .

On second thoughts , I think shiny is best mate .

Anybody wanna tricolour front and rear mech ? :facepalm:

Mike

I am up and awake for a few hours - maybe 34!

Change of plan?

Honestly, i expected to see more Tricolour levers on ebay, perhaps they remain with groupsets or with the calipers. I saw a groupset recently and i don't think it was expensive - £100 ish (from poor memory) and that was for everything except hubs.

This leaves you in a awkward situation unless someone has the right levers.

Richard

Re:

Think I'm gonna go silver Richard ,

In retrospect , it would make more sense as there is more silver on the bike anyway . Fancy some tri' mechs ?

:roll: :facepalm: :LOL:

Mike

Back