For Sale Shimano 105/Mavic MA40 wheels.

Vetus Ossa

Retro Guru
I am selling here a lovely pair of wheels that I was saving for a special project, but unfortunately I am not able to proceed with it.
They have Shimano 105 hubs, Mavic MA40 rims with stainless spokes.
Complete with 6 speed uniglide 13-20 cassette, skewers and tyres, as shown in the pictures.
They have been serviced and are ready to ride.
£90 + postage if required.
EMjeASn.jpg

g5VV9E2.jpg

6aBF0wm.jpg

d6R1eAz.jpg

CyP1XdX.jpg

W9ihlbz.jpg

N8jVniE.jpg

7h63bNA.jpg

Hi, registering interest in these, will they take a 7 speed hyperglide cassette? (I think some freehub bodies took both?) Thanks

Hi, registering interest in these, will they take a 7 speed hyperglide cassette? (I think some freehub bodies took both?) Thanks
Hello. I think others hear will know more than me regarding hyperglide hubs, but I don't think so, though I may be wrong. I will do some research, but if any forum members can answer the question it would be appreciated.

Hello. I think others hear will know more than me regarding hyperglide hubs, but I don't think so, though I may be wrong. I will do some research, but if any forum members can answer the question it would be appreciated.
That's a negatory so far these taking a 7sp cassette. 6sp Uniglide are freewheels, ratchet mechanism built into sprockets and screwed onto hub. You're after a sturdy pair of Mavic rims on 1055 Shimano hubs which I have at reasonable ££££ lol

jim

That's a negatory so far these taking a 7sp cassette. 6sp Uniglide are freewheels, ratchet mechanism built into sprockets and screwed onto hub. You're after a sturdy pair of Mavic rims on 1055 Shimano hubs which I have at reasonable ££££ lol

jim
not so, i had 6 speed uniglide cassettes. The last sprocket is threaded, and screws onto the freehub, the other 5 are a cassette.
Those wheels in this thread are a cassette, you can see the bulge on the cylinder part of the hub

The hubs in the picture are uniglide freehubs. Our man above is correct. They are a cassette (not a freewheel) with the cassette being held on by the last sprocket which is threaded.

However its not a hyperlide / uniglide compatible freehub. Those had both and external thread (like the one shown) and a internal hyperglide thread, to take what we now call a standard cassette.

So yes its a casette hub (uniglide), but no, it wont take a standard hyperglide cassette.

However, in most cases you can simply pop on a uniglide / hypergide compatible freehub and bobs you uncle.

Like this on some m730 hubs i wanted to modernise away from uniglide.....which can be a sod to get off and harder to find sprockets now.

Lovely wheels btw....

Attachments

• 20220202_134458.jpg
    20220202_134458.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 0
Back