Shed clear out price reduced to clear make me an offer

Re: Re:

blue2256":jfw895m3 said:
Ultimate sports engineering ltd USE Seatpost shim NOS
USE shims are CNC machined to a high tolerance
Aluminium shims are anodised to reduce weight
large diameter shims are machined from filled engineering thermoplastic
it is therefore unnecessary to grease to stop slipping between post and shim
25mm to 25.58, 26 x 3, 26.2 x 2, 27, 27.2 x 2, 27.6, 28.2, 29.2 x 3, 29.4, 30 x 2, 30.4 x 3,30.6, 30.8, 31.8 x 4, 32.2
27.2mm to 32.8mm
£5 each
How doe the shim sizing work? I have a hole for a 27.0 post so what does it become with the shim?

Re:

Seat tubes vary in diameter - yours is 27.0, mine is 30.4 - but USE seatposts don't, at least not back in the day: they were all 25.0. So, you have your bike and a seat post that is too narrow for it and you use a shim in the seat tube to create a snug fit for your seatpost. In your case, given an old school USE seat post, you would want a 25.0 to 27.0 shim. Or you can look at it the other way around, and say that you're using a seat tube reducer, in effect, to shrink your seat tube's opening from 27.0 to 25.0.

Re:

Off to do a stock take of my own USE shims to see what I need :)

Also - have you still got the Middleburns?

Back in a bit, ta.

Hi. I'd like the Shimano ST-EF20 brifters if they are available. I cannot pm (not enough posts) so would be grateful if you could email me avidfan @hotmail.co.uk
TIA

PM sent

avidfan":3hopy30u said:
Hi. I'd like the Shimano ST-EF20 brifters if they are available. I cannot pm (not enough posts) so would be grateful if you could email me avidfan @hotmail.co.uk
TIA

Back