Shared cycle and footways

raleighrider21":313m0sh5 said:
shared cycle and footways. something we have plenty of around here but seems the local town idiots didn't get the message about what that big green lane with a white painted bicycle on the floor and the sign at the beginning, middle and end of it meant, or the black side of the path with a person walking painted on the floor every 20 feet means...
had a incident with a group of Asian women last month, me and a friend going along at a reasonable pace, slow down when we get near them just incase, they decide to walk in the CYCLE LANE and then stop us to tell us we should be riding in the DUAL CARRIAGEWAY we politely explain that its a shared cycle and path way and told them next time they do that to us we will simply run them over and shove our front wheels into their behinds.

police stopped me and the same friend last night as I was rushing home, guess why. FOR USING THAT VERY SAME CYCLE LANE. after we explained what it was he then proceeded to check my bike over, threatened me with this fine and that fine then stated im following all the laws correctly, not doing anything wrong and if he even tried to ticket me id report him to his sgt. :)

from now on, anyone gets in my way on shared cycle/path way my front wheel with very chunky front nobbly tyre will be going somewhere they wont like :)

Where in Asia were these women from? Most places I have been have a great awareness of bicycles.

When i see one of those hooven devils i get off the bike and move far enough back from the track to ensure the horse doesnt try a grumpy kick at me just for being there.
Shy buggers horses, dont let them fool you with the big eyelashes and swishing tail. The four legged succubus will try to stand on your foot at the slightest opportunity or kick out with its steel tipped jackhoof basically because you stood within hoof range.

What is little understood is the reason they seek out small insects to crush. It plods along in a seemingly trackless route but in reality that head is down as it is scanning the ground ahead looking for insects to crush.

Ponies are worse :shock: :shock:

Although I understand the irritation caused when pedestrians walk on ‘our’ part of the path rather than ‘theirs’, the fact is that they are legally entitled to. Pedestrians have right of way over cyclists even on our side of the path, and the onus is on the cyclist to avoid a collision. If you accidentally hit a pedestrian, you will almost certainly be held responsible and your only valid defence could be if they suddenly moved into your path too late for you to take avoiding action. Even then, it might be said that you should have given them a sufficiently wide berth such that a collision would still have been avoided. (Which is after all the same as what we say about motorists overtaking bikes.)

It’s certainly true that the police have no right to stop you for riding safely on a cyclepath, but you could still be ticketed for riding in a way that endangers other users. And as for riding up and deliberately hitting somebody in your way, my guess is that the police would throw the book at you, even if they were young lads taking the p1ss. You couldn’t even rule out a prison sentence if you injured somebody by deliberately riding into them.

I’m sorry if this isn’t what people want to hear, but macho talk is all very well for a laugh, but you could get somebody into trouble if they read this thread and took you too seriously.

Anthony":1jybafn2 said:
Although I understand the irritation caused when pedestrians walk on ‘our’ part of the path rather than ‘theirs’, the fact is that they are legally entitled to. Pedestrians have right of way over cyclists even on our side of the path, and the onus is on the cyclist to avoid a collision. If you accidentally hit a pedestrian, you will almost certainly be held responsible and your only valid defence could be if they suddenly moved into your path too late for you to take avoiding action. Even then, it might be said that you should have given them a sufficiently wide berth such that a collision would still have been avoided. (Which is after all the same as what we say about motorists overtaking bikes.)

It’s certainly true that the police have no right to stop you for riding safely on a cyclepath, but you could still be ticketed for riding in a way that endangers other users. And as for riding up and deliberately hitting somebody in your way, my guess is that the police would throw the book at you, even if they were young lads taking the p1ss. You couldn’t even rule out a prison sentence if you injured somebody by deliberately riding into them.

I’m sorry if this isn’t what people want to hear, but macho talk is all very well for a laugh, but you could get somebody into trouble if they read this thread and took you too seriously.
And to be equitable, isn't it just the sort of attitude in motorists, that cyclists tend to find objectionable?

I always find that the worst offenders either are the dog walkers with those ridiculous extendible leashes which effectively create a 10-15ft moving tripwire.

Raging_Bulls":7oeu1h41 said:
The solution :

urbanassault.jpg

please, this is retrobike

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 119
Back