*Shameless plug* Beastway 2010

grahame

Senior Retro Guru
Here's the formal press release:

Informally, I'm thinking about "sponsoring" a category for "Retroracers" - So, if you plan to race on a Retrobike (for the sake of argument, anything built pre-1997), find me on the evening of the race and let me know and you can be in our own private "underground" series-within-a-series.

The formal bit:

The 'BEAST' is back to full strength. After a few years of uncertainty over venues and shortened series, Beastway organisers "the Structureless Tyrrany" are pleased to announce that this year the grassroots mountain bike race series will return to its traditional 10 race format plus a Team Race on July 28th.

The racing will once more be sponsored by Brixton Cycles.

Racing is at 7:30pm (youth at 8pm) each Wednesday evening from May 19 to July 28 at the Redbridge Cycling Centre, with weekly and series prizes for each category.

Entry is on the day, with no prior racing experience or licence necessary. Come and have a go at taming the BEAST.

Dates:

May 19

May 26

June 2

June 9

June 16

June 23

June 30

July 7

July 14

July 21

July 28 Team Race

Categories

Juvenile (Youth B) - born 1996-98

Youth (Youth A) - born 1994-95

Junior - born 1992-3

Sport - born 1981-1991

Master - born 1971-1980

Veteran - born 1961 - 1970

Grand Vet - born 1960 or earlier

Expert - born 1991 or earlier and fast

Novice - born 1991 or earlier and slow

Singlespeed - born 1993 or earlier and on a singlespeed

Women - born 1993 or earlier and female.

Fees

£6 Youth, £8 concessions (Jun/OAP/UB40/Student), £12 Seniors. (All subject to confirmation)

Location: The purpose built Redbridge Cycle Centre (Hog Hill), Forest Road, Hainault, Ilford, IG6 3HP - www.hoghill.co.uk

Websites:

www.brixtoncycles.co.uk/

www.beastway.com

Note: The Beastway website is currently just a holding page and a full website will appear shortly.

So, who will be there?
As one of the organising "Structureless Tyrrany" I'll be there nearly every week (missing 1 'cos of holiday), and am planning to bring a retrobike each time.

I might ride one or two as a novice. Not a big fan of HH mtb circuit though.

Give us a wave - I'll be riding one of my 30lb+ steeds.

retrojon":x4wdcdcr said:
I might ride one or two as a novice. Not a big fan of HH mtb circuit though.

Give us a wave - I'll be riding one of my 30lb+ steeds.

We only use small sections of the "all weather" circuit, preferring to use the sections of singletrack that we made in the woods and the grasstracks we cut in the "infield" - a point well made in the MBR review of HH last autumn.

Back