seatpost with in a stuck seatpost, anyone done it?

they have tried cutting slits down it and peeling it away and it just wont budge. I will have it back at the end of the week and post some photos.
The caustic doesnt touch the titanium but it has dissolved most of the aluminium shim (which taken several weeks to achieve).

Hi have you tried freeze spray what plumbers use for freezing pipes before they cut said pipe. Take out bottle holder bolts spray up bolt holes up inside of seat tube. I've had a bit of success with this method a couple of times

I didnt try it, not to sure about the frame builder. if not , I shall definitley give it a go when I get it home! I take it you can get it from any plumbers merchants?

Re:

If you keep going with caustic soda won't the aluminium dissolve completely freeing the seatpost?

I have no idea how it affects titanium

Freeze spray about a tenner from plumbBase, Jewsons etc...

Coomber; that was the plan but after weeks of trying with caustic soda its still not shifting enough of the aluminium to free it.

Not sure how much heat you can apply to the Ti, but I'd suggest getting a slide hammer in there, heating the frame as much as you dare, hitting the remains of the post with freeze, then giving it a bloody good wallop or ten with the slide hammer. Ti doesn't move much with heat, you need to get as big a differential as possible between the post and the frame

Back