Searching for old 00-05 Hope green parts

mezzanine

Retro Guru
Putting together my Orange project bike. Going for the black and green look. Been looking for a Hope old green headset in particular but if anyone has hubs /non disc or disc, brake levers etc I'm very interested. Need a 34.9 quick release too in green. Ideally looking for green parts in pretty good condition as most of my current parts are fairly vibrant.

As luck would have it there's hopefully a parts bin somewhere with the above waiting to go to a new home :xmas-wink:

I have a seat clamp in that old (rare) non-team green which Hope seem very vague about ever producing.

A friend of mine has a matching hubset in same shade...never built up.

Not sure of availability , but does at least confirm the parts your looking for exist!

Thanks tangent, I remember it being available as an option in the years mentioned so was being made but is indeed rare due to it not being that popular and Hope mainly making to order esspecially in those years. Supply and demand.

A NOS set of green hubs you say your friend has...sounds lovely. If they ever wants to sell please send them this way (you never know) : )

If all doesn't go to plan before too long I'll probably go Hope gold as a backup option as that colour should be easier to make a complete set of complimentary parts.

Re: Hope green hubs

Your welcome...I alerted my friend to this post...

Funnily I actually prefer the old rare retro green rare retro green to the actual much sought after modern team green

:xmas-big-grin: :cool:

good luck with rest of the build..

:xmas-big-grin:

Re:

........Thanks Tangent.

As mentioned, I have a pair of Hope XC hubs in the very rare difficult to find early green colour.
It took me several years to source them - it seems green was not as popular in period, and very few parts turn up now.

Hope date stamped hubs at the time - these are marked 10 / 03.

They have actually been built up / used, but are in generally very good condition.

Price - £165.

Please PM for detailed images / further info.

Cheers.

** SOLD **

Was this shade of green quoted as forest green :? I seem to remember dome reference to that in a magazine.

I think I've a single 5mm spacer which you are more than welcome to karma wise(Addy needed via pm) Its not logo'd, but im pretty sure it is theirs.

Like the rest i also like the shade over the team colour.
Plus the later green fades terribly, and the older hasn't really faded at all.

Hard to find , I wish you luck.

Back