Sea&Sky Attitude...more blue parts!

Carsten:
What is the best way to cross those cable housings inside to downtube?
How to do it?

Shamus":cp9234ka said:
Carsten:
What is the best way to cross those cable housings inside to downtube?
How to do it?

you need to pull out the plastic liners (tubes) and then fiddle an inner cable through the down tube, from left inlet to right outlet (or vice versa). then push the liner over the inner cable back into the down tube.

the tricky part is to get the inner cable out of the down tube. position the frame such that the exit hole is at the deepest point. create a slight bend at the end of the inner cable. hold the inner cable on the outside of the downtube from inlet to outlet so that the end of the cable is just at the outlet hole and then mark the cable at the inlet hole. that helps to not push the cable too far into the down tube. then push the cable into the down tube and when it is almost fully inserted rotate it a bit and push and pull back and forward. somewhen it will find the outlet hole. usually it works right away. if it doesnt work at all hold a strong enough magnet close to the outlet hole and the cable should find its way out to the magnet. there are other methods using vacuum cleaners, stiff wires etc. but i never tried those.

you don't need the liners from inlet to outlet, they are only there to route the inner cables and should be pulled out then. makes shifting much better. you need only a few cm long pieces where the cables exit the frame so that the cables don't cut into the frame.

if you want to pull them out after installation of the cables you either need to cut off the flared end (if it is not broken off anyways) or insert them from the outlet hole.

have fun ;) i think it's worth the effort...

Carsten

I did cross those cable liners inside down tube now...
I guess I was lucky, it only took 5 minutes to do!

And without magnet, first one went at first try and second at second try.. :D

Shamus":3tuc9tl5 said:
I did cross those cable liners inside down tube now...
I guess I was lucky, it only took 5 minutes to do!

And without magnet, first one went at first try and second at second try.. :D

you are a lucky man! :LOL: 5 minutes only,...
it took me over 30 minutes,.... :twisted:

Ok, what cableset?
Like to go old XTR, silver ones, but cannot find them anywhere?

Shamus":3qmpfyj6 said:
Ok, what cableset?

Those original XTR cables are really hard to find I think. I use new XTR with grey casing. Does the job well. And if I want silver cables, I use XT.

Archangel":svw2qwex said:
Shamus":svw2qwex said:
Ok, what cableset?

Those original XTR cables are really hard to find I think. I use new XTR with grey casing. Does the job well. And if I want silver cables, I use XT.

or Ride-on, Gore Tex....i have those on my Serotta and these work great

Some progress...
Kleinjarrut.jpg

tanko.jpg

takajarru.jpg

So far thank´s for, Archangel,Elite504,Jonrock,WorldRanger and Defiant

Back