Scottish Enduro Series

Re:

Too full on for me. Can get down the easier ones at Dunkeld at my own pace, but no way I could do them at race pace. Had to walk parts of the harder stuff and you just can't do that with fast guys flying behind you all the time.
Don't have an big travel bike either.

Re:

£62 a round :shock:

You could buy 2 or 3 retro bikes (or one M900 jockey wheel) for that! A sport for the rich only it seems :facepalm:

Re:

Yeah, £62 a round is silly if you ask me. For What? Probably about 15 minutes of actual race time. If you want a T-shirt it's extra too.(ok, I understand medical support and insurance is a big part of the entry fee too).

I've entered the Dirty Reiver again for 2018, £60 gets me 12 hours of "race" time, well stocked feed stations, excellent organisation and support, a goody bag of stuff, and a T-Shirt!

I did consider the pitfichie round last year, but thought I might as well just ride the trails in my own time and record it on Strava! Saving myself £60 in the process! :LOL:

Re: Re:

jimo746":x2xt16de said:
Yeah, £62 a round is silly if you ask me. For What? Probably about 15 minutes of actual race time. If you want a T-shirt it's extra too.(ok, I understand medical support and insurance is a big part of the entry fee too).
I suppose when you put it that way :?

Re:

Its also a business and an par with other events(football,concerts,marathons,triathlons,etc)? I'm sure someone will be along with the tuppence Audax or such like mind you. No Fuss run it to make cash and they are running a national series which I'd say is top drawer and a stepping stone for the some to EWS. Unfortunately the days of clubs running local events seem to be diminishing as there are too many hoops to jump through.

Saying that I'll still not be doing any, I'd rather spend half the cash on an uplift day or gondola pass.

Re:

Don't get me wrong, the SES round at Glenlivet I did a few years ago was an absolute blast! :D
But it wasn't addictive enough for me to commit to several rounds (several weekends away) and the time and cost that it entails.

I might yet do the pitfichie round in September Rob, as that's very local to me.

For me it’s the other costs. I reckon between fuel, food, overnight stay and entry you’d be £200 per round.
I don’t reckon at £62 per entry that No Fuss will be running about in Lambo’s anytime soon. £10 of that’s vat alone. Take in timing equipment for 5 separate sections, signing and medical cover for a 20-30km route, insurance covering public highway use, landowner and police permission permission etc etc, and there’s not much left as profit.

Back