Scottish Cyclocross 2011

I was very close to signing up for a minute there...

...would I be the only macretro "racer" in the Senior category - you lot all vets are you?

velomaniac":cfvzdiw5 said:
Dam you Kaiser !

Couldn't stop myself, just bought some skinny old school ATB tyres that would make a CX mtb conversion on the cards.

Might see you at Plean, you can wave as you lap me, again and again and again and......................

Nice one V :D what did you get BTW?

Rumble":1tp3lwc7 said:
I was very close to signing up for a minute there...

...would I be the only macretro "racer" in the Senior category - you lot all vets are you?

ahem, ahm no that auld yet! cheeky bugger :twisted:

These are ATB not MTB tyres, sort of cruiser style but 1.5" wide, might not shed mud well but I'm not likey to be competative :LOL:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-26X1...&otn=5&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=3218045616358380720

I'm planning on single speed for simplicity but this yet again will slow me but SS is very CX similar with running and carrying involved anyway so its good practice. Aiming for about 57-60 inches gearing wise to be faster on the flats than SS 52" standard.Might try it first with drop bars too :roll:

I'll be an enter on the day rider though, gives me plenty time to bail when I think of a plausible excuse :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Having bought myself a fancy Genesis Day 01 for commuting requirements I'm tempted too!

Sadly I've already committed to clearing/turfing a large section of the garden the weekend the Plean Park event is on, but am sorely tempted to enter the Craigmillar Halloween event on the 31st.

Only a tenner, but would have to outfit the bike with decent lights.

Do you think a couple of those cheap Hong Kong 5watt cycle lights from eBay would suffice?

I wouldnae like to say aye or naw tam but there should be plenty of other folks lights! I've used the 5watters from ebay and they are fine for picking your way about, a tip for maximum light though is to fit real not rechargeable batteries.

2 five watters should be fine, the only time they will feel bad is if you have someone else near by with brighter lights. Just takes a few seconds for your eyes to readjust.

Kaiser,

Whats the deal with race licences. Do they do day licences and if so how much or do you require a BCF Silver Provisional Licence at £36 :?

Once folk start demanding licences and throwing rules at me on top of entrance fees I start to get fed up.

You can be chucked out a race for having mudguards in a race style famous for mud, you must look presentable, you must, you must, you must.........jeez the list of regulations is kilometers long :shock:

SCX seems laid back but they're still uptight compared to single speeding and mtb that I'm used to :roll:

No race license needed, simply pay on the day. Not sure about any other rules :? I'll have a look!

Back