Scott in new colour

electronicaeric

Gold Trader
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Just got the wife's Scott back from the powder coaters.I used a place called Yorvic Engineering services.Finish is really good,and all the threads have been cleaned out too :D

Link:

http://www.yorvik-es.co.uk/

001.jpg

cheers, always a good thing to out local finishers, especially as you now can vouch their services. me and rattle cans don't mix. normally get it in my eyes and next door neighbours washing line.

looks good.

I usually paint myself with cans on the washing line(when its a warm day)but as you know paint chips far to easy.So I thought I would pay for a proper job.It cost a little more than if I had painted it,but then I didnt spend hours stripping the old paint off,and Im sure these boys have smoothed the chain suck over for me.
I do enjoy painting though.
011.jpg

electronicaeric":1ih4wkwf said:
I usually paint myself with cans on the washing line(when its a warm day)but as you know paint chips far to easy.So I thought I would pay for a proper job.It cost a little more than if I had painted it,but then I didnt spend hours stripping the old paint off,and Im sure these boys have smoothed the chain suck over for me.
I do enjoy painting though.
011.jpg

Looks nice, you cant beat powder coating, I teach paint spraying at Huddersfield college, just PM me if you ever want some advice

Cheers

Stuart

I also find spraying bikes very satisfying (though agree powdercoating is harder wearing)

My rattlecanned 92 Bravado (soon to be re-done plain yellow with decals replaced etc)

SAM_0354.jpg

Also my recently re-done 91 Clockwork.

SAM_0428.jpg

Car paint does chip easily but i've found it a bit harder wearing if gone over with Plastikote enamel/acrylic laquer (sold in B&Q)

Back