Scott Endorphin 1997

Re:

Just a small update;

Been busy removing the paint from the frame. Quite successful while leaving the carbon fully intact. Done the RH side of the frame. Now off to the LH side, so almost finished. The frame will be covered by an expoxy primer and finished with a 200k topcoat in the colour Barents Blue (Volvo specific colour). Gil is on its way with new logo's.

Have some nice parts collected to install on this frame. The crankset is a M739 that will be modified to accomodate 1x9 104bcd single ring. Shifting va SRAM XO on the rear (not period correct though...). Wheelset is a full black CODA700 to start with. Still looking for a nice stem. Carbon accents will be there :cool: .

Due to the fact that I will move to another home during the coming months, this project will progress at a very slow pace. Hopefully after summer I will be able to post some pictures of the complete bike.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 786
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 781
Retro Spud":1lqmlk2s said:
Me to..

I've got one on route but in Banana Yellow,
Always liked the slightly funky look

You weren't riding up the Bristol Road in Gloucester on Sunday afternoon were you? Saw a guy on a yellow Endorphin with blue sus forks and slick tyres. Had to get close as I couldn't remember what it was and needed a closer look! I wasn't trying to run anyone off the road :oops: :LOL:

backseateducation":8a1ny1dx said:
Retro Spud":8a1ny1dx said:
Me to..

I've got one on route but in Banana Yellow,
Always liked the slightly funky look

You weren't riding up the Bristol Road in Gloucester on Sunday afternoon were you? Saw a guy on a yellow Endorphin with blue sus forks and slick tyres. Had to get close as I couldn't remember what it was and needed a closer look! I wasn't trying to run anyone off the road :oops: :LOL:

Oh Fcuk ..... Ahh yeah that was me^^^, I had to bail out of the Glos CC club run at 12:30 and start heading home as the misses was going out, so took the main drag back home.
Its a nice bike but looks pants on 1' slicks (as do all MTB's) but its the only way I can live with the roadies.

Sorry thread hi jack over.

Re: Re:

VTFoco2001":9u6htg0a said:
Still looking for a nice stem. Carbon accents will be there :cool: .

If I'm not mistaken it looks like someone has a Flite Evo as well for the Carbon accents :cool:

Re:

Any updates, mines been used abused and now looking forward to a strip and clean up.

Would love to see pics of the naked carbon frame clear coated up,
Hows progress coming along.

Re:

Almost there :D
Spent last weekend some time for the last part of paint removal.

I see about 4 layers of paint;
1. tough clearcoat
2. black color coating
3. primer coating (black)
4. primer coating (dark grey).

When removing the paint, carefully use high grade sanding paper. Once the frame is removed from most of the paint, you will see several layers of carbon weave patterns. I could distinguish UD and 90/0 types on several places. Also you can see clearly the aluminum insert on the seat tube which acts as a reinforcement for the front derailleur.

Next weekend I am going to finish the paint removal and will spray the first layer of epoxy primer.
I am still in doubt a about the colour. White or Volvo Barents Blue.

Best regards,

Juergen

Attachments

• IMG_1064.JPG
    IMG_1064.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_1065.JPG
    IMG_1065.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 602
Re:

Hello guys,
Some progress to report...

Step 1 & Step 2. Step 3 will follow this evening.

Attachments

• IMG_1337.JPG
    IMG_1337.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 537
Back