Scavenger Watch

How long until Unkie Choppers old washing machine is taken?

• 1 day

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 3 days

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • 4 days

• 5 days

• 6 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 days

• 8 days

• 9 days

• 10 days +

• Total voters

Chopper the ex Copper

Alpinestars Fan
Just fitted a new washing machine.

Old one is now on the verge outside the house.

Thought we could have a little sport as to how long it'll be before the fellers in the scruffy old Transit flatbed take it away?

To help you in your deliberations its a village location, middle England, and the old oven I left out a few years ago went within 72 hours.

PS - I'm not a fly tipper. If it hasn't gone within a reasonable period I'll stick it in the car and drive it to the tip.

And it went some time within the last hour. The dog was barking while I has having a forest gump so I guess it went then.

So top marks to anyone who plumped for 3 days.

And fair play to the scavengers. They saved me a load of bother, and if they make a few quid into the bargain then fair play to them.

Reminds me of last year when I re laid out our back garden . Half the stuff went before I had time to load it into the skip . Turned out a skip of half the size would of done .

Last edited:
Reminds me of last year when I re laid out our back garden . Half the stuff went before I had time to load it into the skip . Turned out a skip of the size would of done .
I started to redo our garden a few years back (still doing the last 25%)! It’s a reasonable size about 1/3 acre, had various paths, trees etc so a bit of stuff to deal with. I’m chuffed to have not yet had to order a skip or chuck anything away - every time there was something I thought I might need to chuck I put it on eBay 99p collect only! Old slabs, knackered shed; containers from fence paint; about 10 pallets and slab crates of scrap wood. All of this to different people who actually paid me to come and remove themselves from my garden. I’d have had to do it myself and chuck it so was happy to more or less give away. Had a load of conifers cut down, that all got shredded for mulching which saved money on mulch as well as disposal!

Back