SBDU 2

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just noticed the H on the frame number. Allegedly the sign of a custom SBDU where the owner could specify the design etc.

Not sure why they would have ordered a road frame with horizontal dropouts, braze ons for front mech, bottle cages, road geometry and fork tangs......
Then dress it up in TT time trial special decals

Then spotted the Bob Jackson renovation sticker lol.

Just noticed the H on the frame number. Allegedly the sign of a custom SBDU where the owner could specify the design etc.

Not sure why they would have ordered a road frame with horizontal dropouts, braze ons for front mech, bottle cages, road geometry and fork tangs......
Then dress it up in TT time trial special decals

Then spotted the Bob Jackson renovation sticker lol.
It's a bit of a mashup for an early 753 frame but the fork tangs and probably the bottle cage bosses are original. I would say the shifter bosses and non Raleigh style top tube cable guides are later additions. The bold Raleigh graphic on the down tube didn't appear until 1980 and the two pin headbadge is later still. I'm trying to figure out what the rather oddly placed decal is between the two bands on the seat tube 🤔.
This is my 1982 in original paint with the foil head tube decal on a road frame built to the original owners specification 👍

IMG_20220417_110253_HDR.jpg

Back