Saturday Morning Baiku

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Up early to be greeted by grey clouds....early start ride today due to family commitments....rain hits the conservatory roof....*sigh* hello October....SPESHMIKE 'no bike' arrives to borrow my Tempest....we hit the trails and the rain disappears....first time I've ridden the Zaskar so quick stop to tweak the saddle height and stem....comfy now....the Zaskar is flying....I love this bike already....get to the woods and the look on Mike's face tells me he doesnt like rigid....swap bikes and hammer the singletrack....30mins in and we swap back but Mike peels of home....solo riding now....I flick into the big ring as the Zaskar is begging to be thrashed....out to the lake and pause for a PoTM photo....down the gravel track and a brief stint on the road....damn headwind slows my progress but doesnt dampen my spirits....back onto the footpath and stop to admire the scenic views over Lincoln City....wind behind me plus the lightweight bike and I'm flying....drop down Waddington hill to a farm track and grind the 10mins back up....out to my fave singletrack and thrash it....lovely....this bike is worth all the hype....2hrs have passed and time to go home...bike muddy, I'm knackered, best ride of my life :cool:

Attachments

• Zaskar singletrack.jpg
    Zaskar singletrack.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 837
  • Zaskar hilltop 2.jpg
    Zaskar hilltop 2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 837
  • Zaskar water 2.jpg
    Zaskar water 2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 837
  • Zaskar hilltop.jpg
    Zaskar hilltop.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 837
Nice :D It makes me wish that I hadn't turned my alarm off this morning. If I want to ride at the weekend I've got to be out by 6.15am :roll:

xizang":21mezdfi said:
If I want to ride at the weekend I've got to be out by 6.15am :roll:

Before I got my turbo trainer back from my parents house, I did a couple of 5.30am rides because I had evening commitments that would keep me off my bike.

The world is a different place at that time of day....so peaceful and so much wildlife :cool:

Pickle":152upzhj said:
xizang":152upzhj said:

Before I got my turbo trainer back from my parents house, I did a couple of 5.30am rides because I had evening commitments that would keep me off my bike.

The world is a different place at that time of day....so peaceful and so much wildlife :cool:

Wow that's early, to be honest I'm more of an afternoon person :LOL: Mountain biker on the surface but a dossbag at heart :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Did have a good ride today tho, took my newly rigidized Saracen up Haldon and did a few laps of the 'Adventure Trail' and it was cool, the bike is perfect for the smooth trails there and I was lapping a good few minutes quicker than on my (35lb) Trailstar :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Pickle":3s42p3ky said:
xizang":3s42p3ky said:

And I find the air is cleaner and more 'refreshing'. It must be the trees working through the night sucking all the nasty bits from the atmosphere :D

Sounds like you had a good ride,I'm laid low for the second weekend in a row,the joys of parenthood:bowt of sickness followed by manflu,doh!lookin forward to those early frosty mornings now,especially now the YO's up and running again!

MJN":6x768inz said:
Sounds like you had a good ride,I'm laid low for the second weekend in a row,the joys of parenthood:bowt of sickness followed by manflu,doh!lookin forward to those early frosty mornings now,especially now the YO's up and running again!

Frosty rides are the BEST in my opinion :cool: I do remember a Theford Forest Winter Series race once that was so cold my Camelback froze! :shock: :LOL:

Turbo Trainers were built with young families in mind.....yesterday was the first time I've been out in 2 weeks :( Many a TT session though :D

Yep,I'm afraid the dreaded turbo does serve a purpose,will hopefully be using mine again by Wednesday :( but the rewards are felt half way through a cross race :D ,now that should be interesting in the frost,that cross bikes pretty skittish already!

Back