Satin Black 91 Aluminium O

that looks really good, i'll have to do something different with the stickers on mine now!! :LOL:

how does it ride?

Took it out for it's first real ride yesterday afternoon for some soft roading.

The forks take a bit of getting used to. The negative is the slow, slightly vague turn in to corners because of the flex, but the positive is the lack of jarring and vibration in the front end. I had RC30s fitted from new back in 91 so i never had the chance to compare before.

All part of the charm

Looks great Steve... how about a side-on shot ( like mine!)

I'm glad the graphics turned out alright, like the 'negative' orange headtube graphic... hadn't tried it out when I cut it but looks good against the Satin black. The Amberwalls set it off too.

Think I'll have to get another Mavic or Stonglight headset for the orange/white fade... I keep managing to work the XT headset loose! :shock: ( although to be honest, I used to do that BITD too! :roll: )
Haven't had the same problems with the Stronglight on stealth black "O".

Get some ride pics up too!

boy"O"boy

Cheers Ben

I'll see if i can get it out for a bit of a ride this weekend and take some better photos.

I reckon you should go for a mavic headset. I think they look great. but they aint cheap! Stop me if i'm telling you something you already know, but just watch the choice of stem. I think i may have rattled on about this before at some point.

I'm such a geek that i even matched my bottle cage bolts to the colours in the headset. must get out more.

If you raise the stem you can put a bolt on cable hanger at the top, if you can find one in 1 1/8" clamp that is.

Still spoils the look ;)

Sus forks or a proper stem as you say.

Liking it.
Might have to take mine out for a ride.

Back