Saracen Conquest - 55cm seat / 57cm top Reynolds 501

tom_cat

Dirt Disciple
I have this 1984 (I believe) Conquest frame for sale, restored by Retrobike's Deadratz. Geo is below. Marks and scratches consistent with use as a tourer / commuter for the past few years.

top tube (horizontal) c-c 57cm
seat tube c-t 54cm
wheelbase: 107cm
rear spacing: 130mm

In the spirit of full disclosure I should say that the fork dropouts are about 5mm out of line. I'd always suspected this, as it self steers to the right slightly with hands off the bars. I took it to the shop to see if this was correct and they put in their jug and showed me that the dropouts were slightly out of line. I don't believe it's got any worse in the 3 years I've been riding it, I've not crashed it, and I don't suspect it has been before me, it may have been welded up that way.

Despite this, it's a lovely riding frame in 501 tubing. Rides beautifully unloaded on light trails.

Collection from Bristol or I can post at cost. Will be packaged properly for posting.

More photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92063129@ ... 904832023/

P1020925 by busseynova, on Flickr

P1020923 by busseynova, on Flickr

P1020916 by busseynova, on Flickr

Re:

Nice frame and a good price, It's a 85/6 Kili Flyer not a conquest by the way ;)

Re:

Sorry to flip flop, but I've decided to keep this and build it back up come the summer in a non-period correct super cool 7 speed cruiser fashion :cool: . Can't seem to edit or delete the OP.

Back