Saracen 853 Kili Team Frame, and parts

Re: Re:

drystonepaul":3fhbgx4n said:
Lovely frame with the reinforced rear wishbone. The 97 bikes lacked the additional thicker section at the seat-tube end.

I'd be very tempted if I didn't have one already.

Bargain price, the wishbones were reinforced, as for some weird reason, these frames became the "go to" frame for trials riders, which was becoming popular and the S boys were concerned about riders doing big drop offs onto the rear wheel and bending the wishbone or breaking the single weld. Although I don't believe these were fragile and were actually known for being a very tough frame.
These were mega bucks BITD!

Thanks for all questions - as promised here are some more pictures: https://plus.google.com/photos/11094387 ... sfIxtq2pwE

The vbrakes are now sold, and the cranks provisionally sold (once pennies arrive).

Lots of pics of the frame in the link above. On the wishbone you can see a wee bead from the powdercoat (see pic 7). Thought i'd offer an explanation before a question!

UPDATE: FRAME AND FORKS NOW SOLD for £125

Cheers all,

Chris

Re: Re:

Consider your invite to my birthday party rescinded, didn't want them anyway.........stomps off to room and slams door

Back