Santa Cruz Superlight 1x10 - Sub 20lb :)

02gf74":2iouzkts said:
wadsy":2iouzkts said:
02gf74":2iouzkts said:
Nice, have tk am s big surprised at the weight....

Thanks :) ...sorry, I don't understand the rest of your post though :? ...could you please clarify?

Cheers

Typing on smart phone was rxpressing surprise at how light it is.

Thanks for clarifying :)

I'm sure it will be slightly heavier than all the parts weights added up as it always seems to be, but it's probably going to be about 19.5lb, certainly under 20lb anyway :)

Cheers

Bullpup":2zt1i4gm said:
Very nice indeed although I have to ask why did you want "v" bosses then use discs?

I was waiting for that question :LOL:

My plan originally was a v-brake build and bought the parts to do so. Then I had the thought of using the disc set-up off my Spark as the wheels are noticably lighter than the Crossmax I got for the V-brake set-up.

I still plan to do the 'v' build to see how it compares as it was basically a fund-raising exercise to get the cheaper Superlight and sell-off the more expensive Spark.

Cheers

Bullpup":2scput7s said:
Makes sense, but of course you will need another frame for the spare wheels!

I know, and despite my initial 'cost-down' motivation I've been looking! :roll:

Re: Re:

player":1kuygb37 said:
How does this compare to the Spark ride wise btw?

Due to the state of my health I wouldn't say I was in a particularly good position to comment really....I only 'pootle' along and that doesn't happen very often :(

Having said that, I like the compactness of the SL as it's a bit smaller than the Spark even though both are regarded as mediums. Also, the rear suspension action of the SL is probably more active.

Cheers

Back