same route 2 totally different bikes, 1 retro 1 modern...

Which is fatser?

• 2008 Fisher

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 1989 MBK

Votes: 26 78.8%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

gradeAfailure":1t7rseww said:
ultrazenith":1t7rseww said:
What would be GMBN's conclusion? Probably throw the retro bike in the nearest skip and buy a 5k bike from one of their sponsors.
You've got a real chip on your shoulder about GMBN and modern kit, haven't you? What's the matter; one of them push you over at breaktime and steal your lunch money..? ;)

Lol, good one. You'll find no chips here. I use modern kit myself, where it's the most cost effective option. I also enjoy some of their videos, and I don't blame the GMBN guys for running what is basically an industry PR operation. It's a good idea and they've got the expertise to do it well. It's a bit like a live-action MBUK. Good luck to them.

MBK is where my money is at. My Kona Dawg which is the same year, even though a better design (IMO) with better parts (suspension is Fox/Marzocchi) as the Fisher. My Kona is slower on mixed XC riding than my old Butler by miles and leaves me knackered too. It does leave it in the dust in trailcentres and park riding. It positively encourages you to go faster over bumpy downhills where you are getting scared even on modern XC bikes.

Back