Salsa La Raza road frame c1995 Campag MTB hubs/shifters NOS

Hilarystone

Dirt Disciple
Hi Everyone,
Included in this offering is one of the original Salsa La Raza road frames - these frames from the hand of Ross Shafer are really great - I have one and it is one of my favourite road frames to ride...
I have recently managed to get hold of some NOS NIB Campagnolo MTB kit from the early 1990s which I am first offering to this group. I can take payment a number of ways - bank transfer (preferred), Paypal, cheque in GBP, cash sent registered post, Traveller’s cheques in $ etc.
Viewing or personal collection welcomed.

Hilary Stone, Bristol, UK

SALSA LA RAZA Small/medium c1996 46cm (like 50-52cm)
Seat Tube (ctc): 46cm ctc (50cm ctt)
Top Tube (ctc): 52cm
Rear dropout width: 130mm
Wheel size: Sprints or 700C
Bottom bracket threads: English
The La Raza tig welded road frame made its appearance in late 1992. The original Raza was a pioneer of the sloping top tube design - Ross Shafer founder of Salsa was quoted as saying ‘I just put the tubes where they need to go rather than where history dictates’. The frames were built from a mix of Columbus tubing – it must have been pretty light gauges as this frame weighs just 1.60kg. I consider the La Raza frame to be one of the classic frames of the 90s - they are exceptionally sweet to ride and when we tested one on Cycling Plus magazine in 1992 we rated it as one of the best handling frames we had encountered.
This frame is in excellent condition - there are no dents and the paint is almost perfect. This frames comes complete with all carbon fork - the headset is NOT included. And they are as rare as hen’s teeth in the UK...
£295 or close offer
Pictures can be viewed at:
Salsa-La-Raza.jpg

Salsa-La-Raza-dets.jpg

CAMPAGNOLO CENTAUR 36H HUBS NOS NIB
Offered for sale are an excellent NOS NIB pair of 36H Campagnolo 8-speed Centaur hubs which are 130mm OLD £75
Campag-Centaur-hubs.jpg

CAMPAGNOLO RECORD 32H HUBS NOS NIB
Offered for sale are an excellent NOS NIB pair of 32H Campagnolo 8-speed Centaur hubs which are 135mm OLD £110 SOLD subject to payment
Campag-Record-OR-hubs.jpg

CAMPAGNOLO 8-SPEED CENTAUR BULLET SHIFTERS NOS NIB
Offered for sale are an excellent NOS NIB pair of Campagnolo 8-speed Centaur Bullet shifters complete with cables instructions etc £55
Campag-Bullet-shifters.jpg

CAMPAGNOLO 8-SPEED RECORD BULLET SHIFTERS NOS
Offered for sale are an excellent NOS NIB pair of Campagnolo 8-speed Record Bullet Shifters in OEM packaging £85
Campag-Record-Bullet-shifte.jpg

Re: Salsa La Raza road frame c1995 Campag MTB hubs/shifters

Hilarystone":2my2sy3k said:
CAMPAGNOLO RECORD 32H HUBS NOS NIB
Offered for sale are an excellent NOS NIB pair of 32H Campagnolo 8-speed Centaur hubs which are 135mm OLD £110

Yes please, pm sent

Dave

The Salsa La Raza's fork

They never came with a Salsa fork - there was as far as I know no such thing. The early ones were supplied with an SR Prism aluminium fork; this frame is one of the later ones from Petaluma before Ross sold the business. I do not know what fork was supplied as standard at this time and yes its 1in.

salsa

not trying to hijack, but this is the fork i was hoping you would have. sorry about the pic, it is the only one i have now.

Attachments

• IMG_0217 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0217 (Medium).JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,459
Salsa fork

That is the SR Prism fork... painted which you most came in the early days. I may have a spare fork but I cannot check for a day or two - there certainly was not one with this frame.

Back