Saddle recommendations please

onyerbike531

Retro Guru
I'm on the lookout for a comfortable saddle in keeping with the style of my black Bob Jackson Audax Club in the pic attached, any recommendations please retro roadies?

The one that's on the bike is getting a bit uncomfortable and is pretty beaten up, it's a Vuelta Italia or Giro Espania, definitely some name mixing the two Grand Tours names, I can't remember if it's by Selle San Marco or someone.

I've been thinking about Brooks but heard they can be quite weighty and they appear to be quite expensive but I've noticed they do some more racier ones, what are those models? I once had a turbo 1980 repro but found it uncomfortable on longer ride.

What would you recommend?

Thanks retrobikers

Attachments

• IMG_20210213_101814.jpg
    IMG_20210213_101814.jpg
    875.1 KB · Views: 10
I think a San Marco Rolls would look nice on that, and I've always found them comfortable. Classier, and more comfy than a Turbo on longer rides. Saddles are definitely a personal thing, though. Still available new, and lots available 2nd hand in various states of (dis)repair...
Nick

If you are quick Planet X are selling Selle Italia leather saddles cheap until tomorrow.

Thank you nammonk and KermitGKona88, great recommendation and tip off, I can't turn down an offer that good and have opted for the Selle Italia Mitica, seems a no brainer for an Audax bike.

Back