Sachs chain id

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
While rummaging through my chain box looking for an 11sp quick link I discovered a Sachs chain wrapped up in a bag. I forgot I had it, must have been when I was doing a suntour xc pro build. I'm trying to work out what model it is, as I had both 7 and 8sp xx pro at the time.

Can anyone help from the pic?

As I don't need it, I'll be making it available but want to know what it is.

Thanks

Attachments

• PSX_20230110_211635.jpg
    PSX_20230110_211635.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 21
It looks like a sacks sedis chain to me bur as I haven't seen 1 for years I could be miles away from the truth

if thats 94/5 era then I could possibly be interested, if you think it'll clean up well? ... i've got a load of 11 speed quick links :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
hi, maybe those two pages from 1995 catalog help?

Sachs has judested the width that year to 7.05mm, before it was 7.35mm.
Sachs 1995 Produktneuheiten 14.jpg

By the desing of the chain rivets one should be able to distinguish between the different types:
Sachs 1995 Produktneuheiten 16.jpg

just the chain rivets design may have changed, looking at the PC 91, this looks different than the SC M 90, if those had been both top of line chains, just in different years.

Last edited:
if thats 94/5 era then I could possibly be interested, if you think it'll clean up well? ... i've got a load of 11 speed quick links :)
I've no need for it. I soaked it in degreaser and have it a bit of a clean, I'm sure it wod come up better with some more effort and perhaps wire wool or something to gently polish off the surface rust, there are some spots here and there.

Yours if you want it, happy to post it to you, if you have any small value trinkets I'd be up for something.

Back