Sa Calobra Ready TVT!

Ahhhhh, my other vice, retro cars! is that a proper RS2 Audi? totally awesome, made all the more so with a Perthus Pro on the roof!

Love It!

Re:

Well spotted that man! Yup, it's stinkingly quick, but not necessarily with the bikes on top!
I have a nice old uprated S6 that I bought from just outside Belfast this time last year - it looks even better with the bootrack and the TVT on the back!

:D

Re:

Fantastic! I'm 25mins up the road from Belfast. This is total retro heaven for me at the minute :D

Re:

It was a place called Carryduff. I made the mistake of asking the owner why all the "bunting" was out around the place! :oops:

Love the Hinault shot in your avatar - just read a bit in a book I'm reading just now called "In Search of Robert Millar" (buy it - even if you weren't a Millar fan, it's littered with quotes, facts, interviews from the 80s) that described Hinault as "the playground bully of professional cycling.."

:LOL:

Re:

:D you must have been over in the summer, marching season as it's known, although in some parts, streamers & flags are always flying. Robert Millar's book is on my list, finished The Program by David Walsh (totally fascinating) when we were in Mallorca in April which then made me go back and read Rough Ride by Paul Kimmage for the 3rd time!

Re:

Aye, it was! Union Jacks er, cough cough . . :roll: UNION flags everywhere! Terrific chap even if he didn't bother his arse to clean the car before I bought it! :facepalm:

I haven't read the Paul Kimmage book yet, but it's on my list. Sean Yates, "It's All About The Bike" is the best book I've read to date. Going to buy "Wide Eyed and Legless" next.

I would be really into getting a Majorca trip organised on this forum! I couldn't imagine a better holiday than enjoying those roads and mountains with a bunch of like minded retro-looneys!!

:D

Re:

I'd definitely be interested in a retro Mallorcan break. Any issues with trusting a (sentimentally) priceless retro bike to baggage handlers? What kind of cost is involved with flying your own bike over? i think EasyJet are around £80?

Re:

Awesome. No problems with the air freight as long as you have a bike box/ bag. I bought a couple of Avenir bike bags for the girlfriend and I and packed them with foam pipe cladding held with zip ties. My pal who works in a bike shop, gave me frame and fork spacers to pack the open ends. No issues whatsoever.

Airlines are so used to carrying bikes and various bulky sports gear these days. It's not like the old days - one guy in my old club witnessed the baggage guy chucking his bike box clean out of the cargo door on to the tarmac below. :shock: He got his damaged bike through the conveyor belt soon after then waited around for the baggage guy and smacked him in the mouth!! :twisted:

Ahhh, the good old days . . . .

:LOL:

Re:

all in all, works out about the same then as renting a modern machine for the week?

Back