S works ti stem fatigue issues?

There's a pic of mine in my for sale thread:

CLICK

but to be honest it doesn't really show it at it's best, it's basically more like a chrome look. And yes, they are long aren't they :shock: :LOL: This one is 150mm.

Sorry, just edited to say yes, I think your stem looks the same as mine. :D

Heathy - Yours is the second generation version fella, should be much stronger.

Bennyboy, I spotted your one on ebay fella, I'd be putting some big bids in if it wasn't sooooooo long! need one at 135mm at the longest.

No worries chap :D
TBH, it's the only reason I'm selling, I love the stem but I bought it knowing deep down it would be too long for me, so it's gotta go :(

heathy":10cw2s1n said:
Can we have a pic of yours :?: I have 1 and its bloody long too ;)
Does that look like a newer 1 :?: It is shinny.

remember curly? remember how light & skinny he was? he snapped a set of those bars.... :shock:

Oh dear..... I've got the same bars too! my front end set up is beginning to look a little fragile! :shock: :shock: :LOL:

I had that same stem/handlebar setup on my S-Works Carbon too!

I haven't heard of any 2nd or 3rd generation Spesh titanium stems. As far as I know, there is only one model. Of course they might have manufactured them in a different manner after the first batch though.

The 1" models should be stiffer than 1 1/8" models because they have more material around the steerer...

The one I have is an early one with matt finish but the later ones as shown here had thicker material on the steerer clamp and were a polished finish with a decal on the top. Mine is a 1 1/8" with a shim which probably makes it even worse!! i think i'll have to rethink my set up if i'm going to keep uing this bike in anger!

Back