RTS from the Bone Yard

Larry

Dirt Disciple
This is what a bottle of bourbon gets you these days. This was my buddies old bike that was stolen from a shop we used to work at. It went missing for what seemed like 10 years. I can't remember the story of how he got it back, but we always said it was in his mothers attic. Its not perfect, but i like the back story of it

There are a couple of dents on the frame so I'm not looking to reproduce a mint build. I want to get the shocks rebuilt and have the front repainted. I have some Nuke Proof hubs that I will put back into service and replace the brake with some more Magura's and add what parts I need for the drive train.

Frame: GT RTS-1

Fork: Rockshox Mag 21 SL

Headset: not sure
Stem: Ringle (cracked)
Handlebar: Nuke Proof
Grips: Yeti

Brakes: Magura HS22

Shifters: XT thumb shifter
Front Derailleur: XT M737
Rear Derailleur: Tourney
Chain: not sure
Cranks: Cook Brother
Crank Bolts: not sure
Chainrings: not sure
Chainring bolts: not sure
Bottom Bracket: not sure
Pedals: old Shimano

Saddle: Serfas
Seatpost: Ringle
Seatpost Binder: I believe this is the original, but the bolts been replaced

Attachments

• IMG_4857.jpg
    IMG_4857.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 969
A little clean up should have it looking pretty good with the parts you've got to put on and nice to see that a sad story comes good for a change :cool: ..

I love that stem, but the first thing my wife said was...what are you gonna say when your daughter see that. Either way it's cracked, the bolt where stupid tight. But it's not going in the trash.

I stripped down the bike over the weekend and will contact Noleen about the rear shock. I like the rat rod finish, but the fork is a little ratty for my taste. And it's missing the other brake caliper so I will have to replace those.

Sounding promissing then although i do agree regards the forks condition as it's looking well passed it's sell by date and a big shame about the stem as it would probably cost more than it's worth to get fixed but i'm sure some one on here should be able to sort the brake out if you ask ..

Not much update on this beast. Been busy with riding my bike and work and family. I've been looking high and low for some rims only to find some for sale on here. Hopefully the guys will be open to shipping them across the pond to the states. Fingers crossed.

Back