Rover 75 diesel, '01

mikee":rxac12jn said:
diesels ?
just personal choice
dont like the way they drive , most are no revs and no power
economical , well yes , till you factor in perhaps a turbo re-build , some engine management random fault , a set of injectors, pumps etc
the £1800 bill from that lot will wipe out any fuel savings quite quickly

i agree not all diesels are like this ,my mates got a big old 2.5 l merc thats
got about 500,000 miles on it still going strong apart for a few consumables , he had a 504 pug with similar miles before the rust got it

@ reuben , buy it , prove me wrong :LOL:

dont pay more than 600 tho

On the money, Mikee!
Twelve red ones and it's mine! :D
New clutch and DMF last year, sus bushes the year before, pulls like a train, unmarked leather and icy climate control!
and 3/4 tank of fuel!
Bangernomics !

suburbanreuben":3l7onf1c said:
mikee":3l7onf1c said:
diesels ?
just personal choice
economical , well yes , till you factor in perhaps a turbo re-build , some engine management random fault , a set of injectors, pumps etc

got about 500,000 miles on it still going strong apart for a few consumables , he had a 504 pug with similar miles before the rust got it

I have a 1.8 Diesel Passat and, to be fair, that pulls like anything. Revs nice and low on the motorway so never feels stressed. Top car :) (agree with mikee on complications with servicing turbo though)
On the money, Mikee!
New clutch and DMF last year, sus bushes the year before, pulls like a train, unmarked leather and icy climate control!
and 3/4 tank of fuel!
Bangernomics !

suburbanreuben":1ujf20cx said:
mikee":1ujf20cx said:
diesels ?
just personal choice

On the money, Mikee!
and 3/4 tank of fuel!
Bangernomics !

Nice one.

My dad's is the full leather jobbie.

Lots of toys.

Bought at bargain as a custom order never gone through.

Shite colour, but great car.

Is your one an estate?

:)

Yup, a connoisseur tourer, full leather, toys etc, but probably the worst stereo I've ever heard, built into the fascia. :roll:

I try to like these cars but having driven one its the interior that put me off. If you are going to live with a car for a while, its got to be a nice place to be.

I am guessing two, that is about all I would manage in my old man's, but mind the leather! Mind, he has a Land Cruiser for carting things about.

To be fair, it is a bargain if it is a good runner.

mikee":nkidawv0 said:
how many bikes can you get in the back Ruben ?
I can get one in there with the wheels still on. Any more might need some lateral thinking. Mind you, the tailgate upper hatch is starting to come adrift, so it looks like the Rover engineers gave it a little thought! :roll:

Back