Rotec Pro Downhill Resto-Custom Build

Velomech":2c0e9x70 said:
BobCatMax, thanks for sharing your photos. They were an inspiration for this build.
Your bike is the same generation and color that I raced for three years. I wish I could have found the handlebar clamps you have (or the shorter versions). It would have saved me some work!

I can only dream velo..

I was merely posting up pics for Lock3

well done on finishing the build though, it is as amazing as i thought it would be.

how's the ankle?

BobCatMax":3gpcprwp said:
I can only dream velo..

I was merely posting up pics for Lock3

well done on finishing the build though, it is as amazing as i thought it would be.

how's the ankle?

Yes, Lock3 is what I meant to type....

I'm walking and doing short bike rides, but have yet to build up enough strength to get rid of the lurch in my stride. I exercise it every day. I hope to be back on the moto banging whoops pinned in 3-6 months from now.

Thanks everyone for the comments and encouragement.

With the loss of income and medical bills related to my broken ankle, I would entertain offers to purchase this bike. Send me a PM if you are seriously interested.

Amazing, always loved this Dh bike...

The job you have done is simply... amazing. Congrats for the time spent to restaure it! :p :p :p

Thanks for the words of appreciation.

If you like this restoration, you might like the downhill frames I am fabricating. One of them will be debuted at this years North American Handmade Bike Show (NAHBS) this February 22-24. It's called the Oxide Cycles Valkyrie.

Back