130 KB · Views: 638
  • PR2.jpg
    PR2.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 638
  • PR1.jpg
    PR1.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 638
Re:

Finally managed to get the bike rolling, and boy does it roll. Super smooth ride with excellent trail manners. Love it.

11spd XT cassette isn't available for a few more weeks so i had to go a different route. Drivetrain is currently a strange mix of M9000 11spd RD, 7 speed Hyperglide cassette, and a old XT thumbshifter. It actually worked quite well.

Attachments

• XTR2.jpg
    XTR2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 596
  • XTR1.jpg
    XTR1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 596
Re:

Semi-final build pictures on a Northern Idaho summit.

This ride taught me a valuable lesson, when running a 1x system use either a chain guard or a narrow wide ring. Chain drop was endless on this ride and totally frustrating.

Next order of business was to order a e13 narrow wide ring. 100 miles later and not even one dropped chain!

For those interested, the Ros9 with a 120mm fork rides fantastic. Predicatable on the downs, and climbs great with the steep seat tube angle/short stays.

Overall the bike rides exactly how I hoped. Weight is 26lbs with 2.35 800g Nics. I could save some wheel weight but the extra cush really feels great!

Attachments

• ROS9-3.jpg
    ROS9-3.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 545
  • ROS9-2.jpg
    ROS9-2.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 545
  • ROS9-1.jpg
    ROS9-1.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 545
  • Barnaby.jpg
    Barnaby.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 545
Looks sweet. Stunning bikes. Perved over the one on their website with the colour matched fork decals for ages.

haggis":1y1x8350 said:
Looks sweet. Stunning bikes. Perved over the one on their website with the colour matched fork decals for ages.

Thanks, me too.

I do realize a 6lb steel 29er frame doesn't suit the masses, but it just works perfect for me and my riding "style", or lack of. It is very comfortable and predictable at speed. Handled a 4000ft descent quite nicely last weekend.... Climbing manners are stellar, no wondering, tons of grip.

Biggest drawback would be wheel weight. Spinning the wheels up certainly takes more effort than a smaller wheel but on the downs it sticks like mad and i'm okay with that.

Fantastic bike overall!

Re:

Great bike matey. I've got the SIR 9 with a similar build and echoes your comments about the ROS. Seems Niner have their bikes dialled ; )

Great bike, like your choices for the build too.

Have you considered to fit a dropper post, seems to be just the ticket for that?
This summer I used a Reverb in the Alps for the first time and I am a convert.

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":2s8n8hze said:
Great bike, like your choices for the build too.

Have you considered to fit a dropper post, seems to be just the ticket for that?
This summer I used a Reverb in the Alps for the first time and I am a convert.

Enjoy!!

Someday I will try out a dropper. The geometry of this bike really works for fast technical riding, where a dropper would be handy.

Picture from last weekend's ride.

Attachments

• Abercrombie.jpg
    Abercrombie.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 408
Back