roller-cam brakes

Its even more fun setting them up when you first realise they are not compatible with standard brake pivots !

I have a boxed set of nos XC6000's and a pair of brake pivots are included with dimensions to show where they should be brazed onto a frame .

My Muddy Fox Trailblazer ( 1989 ) came with XCD 6000's on the chainstays , they work ok but have always had a distinct lack of feel .

I suspect that the shape of the cam could be altered slightly to improve this ?

The link above is quite useful, especially in getting the cam plate in the right position on the rollers for maximum efficiency. I've had them on a couple of bikes and didn't find them particularly difficult to set up. I had the XCD versions on the front and rear of my Brodie Sovereign and found them to be really powerful and efficient

The link above is quite useful, especially in getting the cam plate in the right position on the rollers for maximum efficiency. I've had them on a couple of bikes and didn't find them particularly difficult to set up. I had the XCD versions on the front and rear of my Brodie Sovereign and found them to be really powerful and efficient
Cheers, I think that link is going to be very useful. Still waiting for them to arrive along with the frame they're going on, it'll be my oldest build yet and no doubt the most challenging 👍

Latest posts

Back