roller-cam brakes

Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
Just bought these for a future project and would like to know more about them, specifically what model they are and where they rank in the roller-cam hierarchy etc, I'm guessing by the low price, the plastic rollers and lack of 'Cunningham design' stamped on the bridge that they are pretty much bottom end.

rollercam.JPG

It seems most of the ones for sale right now have brass rollers, would it be possible to upgrade them? If yes how hard are they to get hold of?
I've had most common brake types over the years but never roller-cams, so any info or tips at all would be very much appreciated.

The ones I’m familiar with are XC Sport (not drilled), XC 9000 (sometimes drilled, sometimes smooth) and XCD (different wider cam shape). I’ve never seen plastic rollers, but you can get Brass ones

I’d guess yours are some variation of the sport range: is there a 2 letter date code? That might help To track em down via velobase, etc.

They all polish up well, are endless fun to set up (!) and are way cool.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the link, but shipping = $60 🤨 I found these though so all good.

I'm still waiting for them to arrive so I only have sellers pics to go by...
Looks like one set is CH but other is unclear, maybe CG?
dsd.JPG sdasd.JPG

Any idea how to decode?
EDIT: Look like XC Sport 7000 1987-88

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction 👍

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Was just about to link that! C is 1986 so yours are quite early and the plastic rollers were an early spec that was recalled, according to that link.

Interested in finding out how much you enjoy setting them up.. I’ve acquired a few sets of “interesting” brakes over the years..

… aaaaaannnd never yet failed to curse myself during set up for not just sticking to 737s and moving on with life…

Interested in finding out how much you enjoy setting them up.. I’ve acquired a few sets of “interesting” brakes over the years..

… aaaaaannnd never yet failed to curse myself during set up for not just sticking to 737s and moving on with life…
Not going to lie, I am dreading that bit 😧

Back