Rocky Mountain Hammer ** pricedrop **

16simon

Devout Dirtbag
1993 Rocky Mountain Hammer: currently stripped and being rebuilt with 8spd LX canti groupset and Kinesis Maxlight rigid forks. New chain and cables will be fitted as part of the build.

This is what it looks like mid-rebuild (the Dukes have now been replaced with the Kinesis rigids:

40436_451835733893_698373893_6317692_291306_n.jpg

£200. Can be viewed/collected in east London.

Now rebuilt, just needs the cables finishing off:

Pics here

Full spec:

LX 8 spd canti groupset (minor surface rust, no signs of wear) with STX chainset
New KMC silver chain
New brake and gear cables
New FSA XL2 aheadset
Mavic 221 rims, Deore rear hub, Specialized front hub
Specialized ahead stem and flat bars
Kalloy seatpost
DMR grips
San Marco Concor Lite saddle

Bargain price - £160!! Collection (from east London) only, sorry.

I'd be interested in the frame if you were to split it :roll:

Also what year is the frame from?

Chris.

Bump!! Still available. This has turned out too nice to be my pub bike - someone give it a good home!!

It's not 1993. Do you know anything else about the frame (serial number)
Is it original colour ? stickers ?

Hi, I'm not a Rocky expert, but I did some research using the old catalogues on here and it looked like a '93. I'd be interested to know what year it is if this is not correct.

The BB is stamped 'H185' on one side, and 'P95123350' on the other. It was repainted and decalled by Argos so it's a good quality finish, although not original.

16simon":352c98h7 said:
Hi, I'm not a Rocky expert, but I did some research using the old catalogues on here and it looked like a '93. I'd be interested to know what year it is if this is not correct.

The BB is stamped 'H185' on one side, and 'P95123350' on the other. It was repainted and decalled by Argos so it's a good quality finish, although not original.

cable routing is wrong for 1993 and a few other things like the dropouts, hopefully someone may know the serial code
99 or 95 would be the first to look at, 99 sounds a bit late for a canti hanger.

It would look correct for 1995 so that would be my best guess (yes it also came with rigid forks as an option)
18.5" and would weigh 2.2kg (4.85lb) for the frame.

Unfortunately 1995 is the catalogue that is damaged so only parts of it can been seen.
Could be 1996 as well, but don't think the frame really changed much if at all by the looks of it. If you remember the colour before it was stripped and painted and the wrong decals put on it ;) it would help in the dating. Maybe :LOL:

Back