Rocky Mountain Experience, 'The Canadian Moose' **FINISHED**

how did it handle? Pretty quick!

Short stays, short stem - but forks were a little long which slowed it down a touch.

I didn't put any time into build tbh, I used it with my kids child seat hung off the back, which is actually prolly the worst bike for it with short stays - light front end!

Had a busy day on the Rocky. I've made alot of progress though. 2000 grade wet and dry followed by autosol, pressed the headset, added the decals (from Gil_m) and bolted a few bits on. The spec is much changed as i've managed to find some tasty NOS bars, NOS thumbies, NOS brake levers and some distinctive bar ends.

2008_1018Rocky0010.jpg

2008_1018Rocky0012.jpg

2008_1018Rocky0013.jpg

2008_1018Rocky0006.jpg

Lots still to do but this is where I upto.

Looking fantastic mate. If I ever get the Stratos rewelded I've really got my work cut out to get it up to that standard.

Gil has done a nice job on the graphics too. It's looking superb.

:cool:

Very nice, it's looking good already, I think you did a great job so far and it will be a cracker when it's finished. :)

May I ask, what tyres and sizes are these on bike please?

A casual glance would say the tyres are Ritchey Megabite Z-max, probably 2.1" – These are factory correct for Rocky Mountains. Don't see 'em around very often though

The tyres are Ritchey Alpha-bite and Omega-bite which was kind of a smoke/dart type combination. Size is 2.1".

Ah… forgot about those :D The tread pattern looked quite like a Z-max, most of the Ritchey tyres from that era were based on a fairly similar shaped tread block.

Nice job finding them – they look new.

Crayons":hettgttb said:
Ah… forgot about those :D The tread pattern looked quite like a Z-max, most of the Ritchey tyres from that era were based on a fairly similar shaped tread block.

Nice job finding them – they look new.

Both are very lightly used and vitually NOS. Got them for £20 posted off ebay! Nice bit of business IMO.

Back