Rockshox SID 1999 Forks

zomarzi

Old School Hero
Just posting a for sale ad for these lovely SID's. They are 1999 Vintage with recently powdercoated lowers+new decals. I bought them last week for my '97 Schwinn moab build but have since found out that they are a little 'race' for me.

I did a strip service on them today, cleaned all internally and replaced the oil (10cc of 15wt Silkolene oil in each leg and Manitou Prep M around the seals). The stanctions are unmarked and they do not leak air or oil. They work perfect! They have 60-80mm travel and a 165mm steerer. They have + and - air chambers and adjustable rebound. There are other adjustments too such as air volume etc but I don't see the point in all that for an XC fork.

Anyway, as above internally and externally very good condition and ready to go. The lowers are in great condition but do have some 'orange peel' effect from the Powdercoating.

They come with the 160mm rotor bracket. No rim brake bosses though (M8 ones are available online easy enough) there is also a pump adaptor available to pump them up (£6 on CRC). I used a marzocchi one from some other forks that works OK.

£40 Delivered

sidfork1.jpg

By zomarzi at 2012-09-09

Latest posts

Back