Rock shox revelation travel change help please

Frank Stross

Dirt Disciple
Hello, Hope somebody can help with this please. I am trying to change travel on a 2015 rock shox revelation fork that came as 120mm travel but would like 150mm travel. I purchased the correct air shaft (222.2mm) and followed the how to instructions to swap over the air shaft. When all reassembled the fork still has 120mm travel and not 150mm. My question is will the rebound damper shaft now be limiting the travel? Does this need to be changed also for a longer unit? Or are there some spacers on the rebound damper shaft that need to be removed to allow longer travel? I have removed and added air volume spacers in the air shaft side but this makes no difference. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

To expand on the above mentioned, looking at the service manual exploded view it may be possible that spacers could be inserted either between the retaining ring and seal head or the seal head and Dig Valve piston in order to limit the fork length. Or if it's the damper shaft length that is too short then I guess the travel cannot be lengthened.

So far I have not been able to research any evidence to spacer existence. I may have to dismantle the forks and have a look.

In error when I swapped over the air shaft I failed to notice if the air shaft and damper shaft were the same length.

Just serviced my 2007 air u turn revs and they are 130mm travel. As a 2015 seems surprising yours are not easily fixed back to longer - 150mm or so. Before i serviced mine i spoke to Loco suspension services as i wanted them to service mine, but their wait list was super long. The chap at Loco was super friendly , and helpful and would take a call from you I am sure. Or maybe someone with more knowledge may answer here. Do not be afraid to pull them apart yourslef as they are uper easy to work in after my initial concerns. Good luck.

Back